NEW DCI Board of Directors

At its annual business meetings held in Rosemont, Ill., on Friday, Jan. 20, the 22 voting members of Drum Corps International elected five corps-affiliated and three unaffiliated directors to oversee the business affairs of the corporation.Elected to the affiliated posts are Chairman Mark Arnold (Blue Knights) and Vice Chairman Chris Komnick (Madison Scouts) who will serve three-year terms, Roman Blenski (Pioneer) and Treasurer Fred Morrison (Crossmen) who will serve two-year terms, and Secretary Tom Spataro (Boston Crusaders) who will serve a one-year term.

Elected to the unaffiliated posts are Wyoming attorney John Masterson, Indianapolis-based healthcare administration professional Julie Burns, and Michigan attorney Mark Stasa who will serve three, two and one-year terms respectively.

Read more: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=7e7e247e-ce6b-4dae-8b37-5502e7662743#ixzz1k4XKgbfb

• Like 1

Hear hear to a sound Board of Directors with no ulterior motives.

• Like 2

Elected to the unaffiliated posts are Wyoming attorney John Masterson, Indianapolis-based healthcare administration professional Julie Burns, and Michigan attorney Mark Stasa who will serve three, two and one-year terms respectively.

John Masterson is on the Troopers' board. We are stretching the definition of "unaffiliated."

• Like 1

John Masterson is on the Troopers' board. We are stretching the definition of "unaffiliated."

He may have connections to that corps, but according to their website he is not a member of their board.

http://www.troopersdrumcorps.org/about/board.htm

http://www.rothgerber.com/showbio.aspx?Show=317

Scroll down? Either way -- "unaffiliated" is the wrong word.

Mr. Masterson was a previous member of the Troopers board. "Unaffiliated" doesn't mean "without history."

I am usually not one to jump in with personal endorsements or to get involved in these kinds of discussions, but I have to say something about this one: John Masterson is a person of great integrity, intellect, and objectivity. If you look at the rest of his qualifications, I think one would be hard pressed to find flaw in this choice for the BoD. Were he someone I believe would be working from a single-minded agenda, I would not be willing to put my name at the end of this post.

Mr. Masterson was a previous member of the Troopers board. "Unaffiliated" doesn't mean "without history."

I am usually not one to jump in with personal endorsements or to get involved in these kinds of discussions, but I have to say something about this one: John Masterson is a person of great integrity, intellect, and objectivity. If you look at the rest of his qualifications, I think one would be hard pressed to find flaw in this choice for the BoD. Were he someone I believe would be working from a single-minded agenda, I would not be willing to put my name at the end of this post.

No doubt. I'm sure he will be fantastic. There is no reason to doubt that he will be, and I am glad that he has agreed to serve.

That said, I wish DCI would install *true* outsiders on the Board. That's my only point.

• Like 1