NEW DCI Board of Directors

1 minute ago, garfield said:

You'd not be surprised, or there's not really any support for change among the corps?

Just trying to make sure I'm following you.

Not surprised. 

trying to stay away from any graaaahmatical errrrs. 

48 minutes ago, E3D said:

someone is passing a turd and your reply is the same. LOL. :lol:

lets just imagine that negative is the truth and  DCI is just not able to do a thing not one thing. "Buses broke down" brah..... 

I'm disappointed you find point in base humor, but OK, I'm glad you're Whacky-Happy!

I have no idea whatsoever what your second sentence is meant to mean.  Maybe from being beaten on the head, but I doubt it.

1 minute ago, garfield said:

I'm disappointed you find point in base humor, but OK, I'm glad you're Whacky-Happy!

I have no idea whatsoever what your second sentence is meant to mean.  Maybe from being beaten on the head, but I doubt it.

I just found your your response on the high chair to be a bit of a question. Decided to have a laugh for meSelf. So sorry that your sensitivities were aroused. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, E3D said:

Not surprised. 

trying to stay away from any graaaahmatical errrrs. 

Well good.  So you know there's support (my qualifier would be "significant") for sweeping change in the governance model that operated DCI.

Me, too.

On 8/24/2018 at 11:57 AM, Jeff Ream said:

i'd love to be in the room when it's presented to remove power from the corps

The reality though... maybe they just don't know it yet, or havn't accepted it yet... is that the national Press  now is the agent for change, that has diminished the DCI individual Corps powers to conduct business as usual any more. So, given the fact the DCI Corps have in a pragmatic sense lost the future ability to hire/ retain individuals with past untrustworthy unlawful activities with minors, it seems likely that DCI Corps will cede more powers to DCI HQ moving forward, or the power will remain with the national media to get these Corps to do the right thing. Don't believe the Individual Corps want any more of that any longer.  Not unless they remain totally tone deaf, anyway. If thats the case, then DCI falls apart altogether probably.  So either way, business as usual re. these irresponsible hires and retentions has come and gone now, imo... which, if we look at the big picture here, is a positive and healthy development for the activity,  for parents who sent their kids to Corps, and for schools that allow DCI Corps housing in the summers.

Edited by BRASSO

On 8/25/2018 at 3:46 PM, BRASSO said:

The reality though... maybe they just don't know it yet, or havn't accepted it yet... is that the national Press  now is the agent for change, that has diminished the DCI individual Corps powers to conduct business as usual any more. So, given the fact the DCI Corps have in a pragmatic sense lost the future ability to hire/ retain individuals with past untrustworthy unlawful activities with minors, it seems likely that DCI Corps will cede more powers to DCI HQ moving forward, or the power will remain with the national media to get these Corps to do the right thing. Don't believe the Individual Corps want any more of that any longer.  Not unless they remain totally tone deaf, anyway. If thats the case, then DCI falls apart altogether probably.  So either way, business as usual re. these irresponsible hires and retentions has come and gone now, imo... which, if we look at the big picture here, is a positive and healthy development for the activity,  for parents who sent their kids to Corps, and for schools that allow DCI Corps housing in the summers.

I really wish you were right. But from what I have been privy to I do not think so. I believe the media is now driving this story. Attempts to have the corps/DCI become proactive instead of reactive have fallen on deaf ears. That is why DCI has had to put out press releases to clean up fro previous press releases. This is why I believe Dan A needs to be replaced and more independent directors elected. The corps directors are calling the shots and it all centers on self interest/self preservation not realizing that taking this stance will only make it worse when the stories continue to cascade forth... which they will. Not a matter of if... just when. The effects of a coverup is always worse than that of the original incident.

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

I really wish you were right. But from what I have been privy to I do not think so. I believe the media is now driving this story. Attempts to have the corps/DCI become proactive instead of reactive have fallen on deaf ears. That is why DCI has had to put out press releases to clean up fro previous press releases. This is why I believe Dan A needs to be replaced and more independent directors elected. The corps directors are calling the shots and it all centers on self interest/self preservation not realizing that taking this stance will only make it worse when the stories continue to cascade forth... which they will. Not a matter of if... just when. The effects of a coverup is always worse than that of the original incident.

Lots of big, impactful words and contentions here that aren't based on anything factual or reflective of the activity, the corps, or the directors.

"...fallen on deaf ears."?  WTHeck?  I don't think we're reading about the same situations, obviously, because DCI acted before anyone caught on, and within hours of Noldony's story.

"...cover up..."?  Wow.  Some mighty big, powerful, and unproven contentions in your post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garfield said:

"...fallen on deaf ears."?  WTHeck?  I don't think we're reading about the same situations, obviously, because DCI acted before anyone caught on, and within hours of Noldony's story

DCI came out with a release AFTER the media had contacted them. Not before. This is reactionary. DCI has been told by many professionals to get their PR house in order. They have chosen to handle it inside. The result has been... put out a press release. Put out a second to correct issues with the first. They have been terrible at the communications aspects of all of these issues. Some Board members have been complaining about this.

1 hour ago, garfield said:

"...cover up..."?  Wow.  Some mighty big, powerful, and unproven contentions in your post.

When one does not respond to the press following inquiries this is seen as having something to hide. The scrambling to put out poorly written releases to make it LOOK like you are being proactive to keep things from looking even worse? Yes... that is covering stuff up. Just review all the writings by reporters and you will see the phrase "DCI (or insert name) did not respond to requests for comment)" For today's lesson on how to handle these issues... look to the "Uh Oh" thread about Cadets. YEA handled a problem story perfectly by putting it out before someone could beat them up about something. 

16 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

DCI came out with a release AFTER the media had contacted them. Not before. This is reactionary. DCI has been told by many professionals to get their PR house in order. They have chosen to handle it inside. The result has been... put out a press release. Put out a second to correct issues with the first. They have been terrible at the communications aspects of all of these issues. Some Board members have been complaining about this.

When one does not respond to the press following inquiries this is seen as having something to hide. The scrambling to put out poorly written releases to make it LOOK like you are being proactive to keep things from looking even worse? Yes... that is covering stuff up. Just review all the writings by reporters and you will see the phrase "DCI (or insert name) did not respond to requests for comment)" For today's lesson on how to handle these issues... look to the "Uh Oh" thread about Cadets. YEA handled a problem story perfectly by putting it out before someone could beat them up about something. 

Cynical much?  You’ve provided no additional facts, no additional specific cases, just commentary what others have reported on within the media and DCI.  IMO, what happened at YEA was a positive wake up call to ensure we don’t perpetuate the past and call out what is happening today.  Let us know when you find perfection in any walk of life. 

Edited by devsabre
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, E3D said:

someone is passing a turd and your reply is the same. LOL. :lol:

lets just imagine that negative is the truth and  DCI is just not able to do a thing not one thing. "Buses broke down" brah..... 

Am turning you in for stealing Crowns Hammer. Immediate apology to Crown is required.