Most Under Rated Shows Of All Time...

What do you consider the most under rated shows of all time. Shows that few people talk about but are the hidden gems in drum corps history.

Three that come to mind immediately for me are:

74 Kingsmen, 78 BD and 84 Suncoast Sound

BamRam

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well....I really don't think '74 Anaheim was underrated whatsoever, peeps here just don't talk about it much, mostly a younger crowd here.....heh

From experience, the '78 Devils was quite interesting, we basically changed our Drum solo, and closer during the year, if anything, I felt we were fortunate enough to catch SCV, and PR.....by seasons end.

1993 Star of Indiana.

How can 93 Star be "underrated?" It came within .1 of winning the whole dance...

And I have seen nothing but fans of the show ever on the Internet. It has been one of those shows which has stood the test of time...unlike their 92 show, which was forgotten as soon as the season was over.

Now if you mean it should have WON...and so was underrated...

My vote - 1990 SCV - "Carmen." Total beauty, power, and class... and the closing from the tunnel was amazing.

1993 Star of Indiana.

How can 93 Star be "underrated?" It came within .1 of winning the whole dance...

And I have seen nothing but fans of the show ever on the Internet. It has been one of those shows which has stood the test of time...unlike their 92 show, which was forgotten as soon as the season was over.

Now if you mean it should have WON...and so was underrated...

My vote - 1990 SCV - "Carmen." Total beauty, power, and class... and the closing from the tunnel was amazing.

I was thinking more about the boos the kids received several times while marching on and off the field, and the accusations of buying the judges and buying their members that flew... :(

But I completely agree with you on Carmen. I just wish they had stayed in the Red dresses they had early season. But what they ended up wearing (the white body suits w/ the wrap around) worked as well.

Edited by LisaLisaMoMeesa

From experience, the '78 Devils was quite interesting, we basically changed our Drum solo, and closer during the year, if anything, I felt we were fortunate enough to catch SCV, and PR.....by seasons end.

All I know is that by season's end it was one helluva show.

thx Bam........got a little out of control at the end there, but was a fun one to be a part of.............

1993 Star of Indiana.

She just keeps racking up points on my scale............

:)

I was thinking more about the boos the kids received several times while marching on and off the field, and the accusations of buying the judges and buying their members that flew... :(

Yeah, we never got used to those type of things.

Ignorance...........

You can say that again WoobieATL!

Geolouza as we say in Italian/Sciciliano..... <**>

:huh: