Most Under Rated Shows Of All Time...

when we went out to cali this year (PR), a guy gave each bus i think, or maybe just to the conductor, a CD of the last time Regiment had been out. We played it as part of the hype, stadium lights, on the way to the first show we played in Cali.

We loved it, thanks if that person is on here.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when we went out to cali this year (PR), a guy gave each bus i think, or maybe just to the conductor, a CD of the last time Regiment had been out.  We played it as part of the hype, stadium lights, on the way to the first show we played in Cali. 

We loved it, thanks if that person is on here.

That was me..........

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Edited by bd5times

• 3 years later...

This year's Boston Crusaders show.

• 1 month later...
I do agree that SCV 1980 had a huge influence on the activity, and that everyone followed their lead over the next few years. As far as underrated shows, 1980 SCV would have to be at the top of my list.

Tip o' the hat to you Chris.

That was a tough year to march SCV, however the show was challenging and we managed to have fun. I'm glad that in hindsight our show was inspirational to others in the years that followed. I think had we kept "Caravan", maybe we would have placed higher. There were other things going on behind the scenes that I still have no idea about.

I know the quality of the SCV corps was not quite as good as '79, and there were a number of others had banner years in '80: 27, Bridgemen, Spirit, Phantom, Madison and BD. Going into tour, we knew our competition--Phantom and BD. Who would've guessed that 27, much less Bridgemen would soundly defeat us? We thought for sure we'd be top 3 again. Do you think we were not as good as these corps? Or was it that the judges didn't know how to judge us? Did something go on behind the scene with DCI? Our concert kinda sucked? (believe me, the hornline much preferred Caravan). A combination of all these? B)

BTW, for a hype for my KAC performance I finally bought "State of the Art" when '80 SCV and BD came together for a live recording at the Concord Pavillion. Man, we were pretty dang good. I was surprised when I saw my name on the liner notes. Guess who else is on there? Chris Nalls! 'Member that day Chris? I do, but barely. :laugh:

Anyway, thanks for the kudos guys. :blink:

Edited by scv guy

1988 Dutch Boy (best 13th place show in HISTORY)

+ 1,000,000

I would also say some shows like SCV '91, Star '93 and Madison '95 certainly aren't under appreciated.

For most under rated shows of all time, I would list these because I can listen to them over and over:

'88 VK

'89 Cadets

'90 Boston Crusaders

'90 Star

'91 Crossmen

'93 Phantom

'95 Phantom

1983 Knights.

Just saying.

GMichael, can I get a "ay-men?"

75 Senca Princemen

76 Oakland Crusaders

77 Kingsmen

78 Bridgemen

79 Guardsmen

Rocketman- MEN

[/Of All Time]

Is that right?

Well then let me add:

The Troopers show of 1964

The Cavaliers show of 1965

Bronx Kingsmen show of 1967

The CMCC Warriors show of 1970

The Madison Scouts show of 1971

And not that I'm biased in anyway but you could say that about any show of any year the Brassmen marched.

Our shows were way underrated.

Puppet

Edited by Puppet

If we're talking DCI prelims, here's a few that stick out in my mind:

1974 Garfield Cadets

1976 Garfield Cadets

1976 Avant Garde

1977 Knight Raiders

1981 Arc-en-Ciel

1987 Canadian Knights

Underrated throughout the season:

1990 Railmen