Most Under Rated Shows Of All Time...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally biased opinion but yea... BAC 03 definatly underrated.

I think we moved more than than anyone cept cavies, and our book was definatly a lot harder than theirs. Oh well, i'll get to see for myself in a few months when i get my DVD! =D

-Brian

BAC 03-05

HAHA...moved more than Cadets and Cavies?? HAHA...HAHA.....HAHA...well...maybe more as in time wise since cavies did sit and had a long ballad...and Cadets had the jam session in Malahguena ..but difficulty while moving ?? NO WAY!

Jase

87 Sky Ryders - underrated is probably the wrong word - underappreciated? Awesome design, awesome emotion.

• 2 weeks later...

PR '97 - arguably the most talented PR corps (wonder why). An insanely difficult show on top of that.

Suprissingly to new people to the activity- PR actually has way more M&M trophys than Brass ones. Including some perfect 10's in years past.

I think we moved more than than anyone cept cavies, and our book was definatly a lot harder than theirs.

Unless you've played Cavaliers' 2003 book while marching the drill they had, there's no way to accurately make that assessment. It ain't just the notes, it's how you have to be moving while delivering the notes....

(Realize it's still fashionable to look at the Cavaliers as being primarily a visual package with a musical accompaniment, but that's far from the truth - VERY far, once you actually listen to what's happening in their shows musically)

91 Blue Devils

Every aspect of it stunning.

Cannot understand their placing to this day.

It's called "drum line"

Also, guard didn't contribute much to enhance their total GE.......

.........but you gotta love it, awesome brass, and best OTL ever !!

~G~

Questions:

Where did their drums place, anyway?

What was their OTL?

Totally biased opinion but yea... BAC 03 definatly underrated.

I think we moved more than than anyone cept cavies, and our book was definatly a lot harder than theirs. Oh well, i'll get to see for myself in a few months when i get my DVD! =D

-Brian

BAC 03-05

HAHA...moved more than Cadets and Cavies?? HAHA...HAHA.....HAHA...well...maybe more as in time wise since cavies did sit and had a long ballad...and Cadets had the jam session in Malahguena ..but difficulty while moving ?? NO WAY!

Jase

I think every corps says we moved more, played more notes. Just how people like to compare themselves with other corps. So I guess its MY TURN! YEAH!!!

I think we had more notes in Bubba then other corps did, especially in the hornline a capella section, but thats just my humble opinion, take it for what it is. For some reason, people seem to be saying that the 03 Crossmen never moved. Thats funny because I barely stopped. Sure we had our halt down and dirty sets, but other then that we moved. Look at the end of Blue or Bubba, the standing O just shows how intense everything was. As for the hardest book, name another corps who played 4 styles of music, then find one who did 4 styles off Jazz and had all the articulation nailed with everyone in the hornline. No one. Well I should stop before I get people telling me what I should or shouldn't say.

I'm very surprised no one has mentioned Phantom's first year doing Spartacus. The entire show was ahead of its time as a (Theme Show) Although it didn't get the acclaim during it's season, many have expressed how it helped pave the way for the future of drum corp! Just ask the Cavies.

One reason it might be overlooked is because of the production they did in '82. Which, IMO, was a little better final product.