Most Under Rated Shows Of All Time...

1990 Boston Crusaders!

50th Anniversary Show-They were smokin'!

I still don't understand how they can beat Spirit of Atlanta on 8/13 by a full point, beat them by 1.4 points in prelims and then end up 1.9 points and four positions behind them a day later at qtrs! And, Boston doesn't make finals, finishing 15th behind corps they had beaten by anywhere from 1.4 to 2.3 points just 2 days before! If EVER the fix was in...

Ahh....sit down!

We beat ya fair and square!

^0^

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, as an added trivia contest, does anyone know what transpired at the 1989 retreat regarding Suncoast and Spirit?

<<Hint>> Spirit did NOT make finals in 89.

Suncoast formed a delta with their horns on the field during retreat.

Very classy.

Ding Ding!!! Jim wins!

Yeah, it was very bittersweet. We had a real tough rivalry with Spirit, but no one wanted to see them in the stands on Saturday. I had a really good friend, John McBrayer, who had marched Suncoast 88 and was with Spirit in 89. He and many others were right behind us at finals Retreat. We just felt that people could not forget the "other" Southern corps on Saturday night. And really, it was not only our horns, but we left our socks under the horns, so that when we left the field, the Delta was left behind...

Here are a couple images:

89pic3.jpg

delta2.jpg

The irony is that the rumor at the time was that Spirit was folding. Little did we know...

And, as an added trivia contest, does anyone know what transpired at the 1989 retreat regarding Suncoast and Spirit?

Very classy.

Wow! I never knew it. That is classy. Very trying year for Spirit.

1988 Blue Devils

Nice choice, but hardly what I would call underrated. The show is often cited as a musical favorite and as having an incomparable horn book and the talent and execution to match. And some still argue they should have won. An absolutely wonderful musical show. But those uniforms . . .

Very classy.

Ding Ding!!! Jim wins!

Yeah, it was very bittersweet. We had a real tough rivalry with Spirit, but no one wanted to see them in the stands on Saturday. I had a really good friend, John McBrayer, who had marched Suncoast 88 and was with Spirit in 89. He and many others were right behind us at finals Retreat. We just felt that people could not forget the "other" Southern corps on Saturday night. And really, it was not only our horns, but we left our socks under the horns, so that when we left the field, the Delta was left behind...

Here are a couple images:

89pic3.jpg

delta2.jpg

The irony is that the rumor at the time was that Spirit was folding. Little did we know...

Wow!!! I can't believe I was standing on the retreat field and didnt' see that! VERY classy indeed. I was on the other side of the field, probably still in a mental quagmire thinking about THE SOLO.

<snip> ...probably still in a mental quagmire thinking about THE SOLO.

<cue Psycho music>

Man, not to bring up a sore point, but I know what you mean. I saw you guys several times that year and LOVED the solo. It was just awful what happened to that guy. It was very sad, as that solo is in the top 5 all time in my book, and at least I got to hear what it really sounded like.

So, evilcontra, you know John Adcock then....

1976 Oakland Crusaders. WHAT A SHOW!!!!!!!

89-93 just might be my favorite Cavaliers era ever.

Those were pretty great years for DCI as a whole and the midwest in particular. You could finish fifth or sixth at DCM championships and still be pretty #### proud of what you'd accomplished!

I agree............great years for DCM

1980 27th Lancers

The year Phantom played 1812 Overture as their closer 1984-I think

1982 Bridgemen

1986 27th Lancers

Yes I'm biased! :)

*strokes chin like Montablan in Star Trek II*

"But you.....ahhh yess...I never forget a face....Mr....

GULKE!

James Gulke...of the...Blue Devilsssss..

Tell me - Why aren't you herrree..."

(deep inhale)

"And tell me...where I might find....Micheal T. Moxleeyyyyyy"

*sadistic laugh*

(I love that movie)

?????????

Gulke wasnt the 90 Drum major .....

94 was his first year.

~G~

ampssuck

DOH!!

Like I said...Khan was killed in the end......that moron

never trust a villain...

<**>

Patrick,

Even though you were wrong...thank you for the Khan reference.

I love that movie, too.

How about this:

Downey: We're all with you, sir, but consider this. WE PLAY COOL JAZZ. You have the lead in the power poll, the fans on your side, and more rings than anyone else. You have proved your superior intellect, and defeated the plans of Admiral Fiedler. You do not need to defeat him again...

Gibbs: :rolleyes: [/i]He tasks me...He tasks me, and I shall HAVE him...

:lee: