accent marching...just posted selling equipement

This kid is trying to play out his fantasy of being some kind of drum corps big shot. I've seen people around the activity like this before who can't wait to be the next George Hopkins, but never to this level of self delusion. It's ridiculous and kind of sad to watch. Chris Nagy is doing damage to his reputation which will follow him, and more importantly, like with the Eclipse disaster, he's doing damage to the reputation of legitimate startups and the drum corps activity. I sincerly hope that there are not band directors out there whose only interaction with drum corps has been through this guy.

• Like 6

This kid is trying to play out his fantasy of being some kind of drum corps big shot. I've seen people around the activity like this before who can't wait to be the next George Hopkins, but never to this level of self delusion. It's ridiculous and kind of sad to watch. Chris Nagy is doing damage to his reputation which will follow him, and more importantly, like with the Eclipse disaster, he's doing damage to the reputation of legitimate startups and the drum corps activity. I sincerly hope that there are not band directors out there whose only interaction with drum corps has been through this guy.

You are 100% on the money.

IMO, as a non lawyer, he is on very questionable legal ground using the names of other drum corps (like BD, Cavaliers, etc) in an attempt to sell his product on the website by listing "staff members" from these corps. Since the names of these corps are what gives the "staff members" instant credibility.

• Like 2

Nagy or someone else affiliated must be trolling DCP.

All of their posts from the last 2 weeks are magically gone from facebook.

• Like 2

Also....why did they purchase TWO timpani carts?

• Like 1

IMO, as a non lawyer, he is on very questionable legal ground using the names of other drum corps (like BD, Cavaliers, etc) in an attempt to sell his product on the website by listing "staff members" from these corps. Since the names of these corps are what gives the "staff members" instant credibility.

Moreover, it was a gross misrepresentation because listing the corps names under the Accent Staff names implied that they were actual instructors for those respective corps.

Moreover, it was a gross misrepresentation because listing the corps names under the Accent Staff names implied that they were actual instructors for those respective corps.

Yeah, I also doubt the individual corps gave permission to use their names in such manner.

Britannic hit a mine. It wasn't launched with the full intention of sinking before it left the slip.

That's one theory. The other is an internal explosion through a weakened hull, but that really has no relevance to the conversation.

It's kind of sad really watching this all go down. I mean, the kid apparently has to have some kind of good intentions, but just has no grounds in the reality of running either a business or a drum corps, and I feel really bad for anyone that got sucked into this, either from the staff side, or kids and parents who got suckered into ponying up the money for these "camps"

• Like 2

Also....why did they purchase TWO timpani carts?

In case one was needed to display a unicorn?

• Like 2

In case one was needed to display a unicorn?

Just about as realistic as their business model and chance of fielding Eclipse next year....

• Like 1