Best Rifle Line In History

1980 Madison. End of discussion.

Admin, kindly close this thread. :-P

PS - Those guys were so epic, I learned to spin a rifle before a clean double-stroke roll.

And I'm a former professional drummer, so there ya go. I'm just sayin.

Edited by HollywoodNeoCon
  • Like 4

I can't argue with that!

• Like 2

I'll agree with Madison 80..........

I've used the 1980 VHS tape to show my students what "I" think a rifle line should be ever since.

• Like 2

1980 Madison. End of discussion.

Admin, kindly close this thread. :-P

PS - Those guys were so epic, I learned to spin a rifle before a clean double-stroke roll.

And I'm a former professional drummer, so there ya go. I'm just sayin.

"Best" is such a subjective term. Much as I would never besmirch anything having to do with the Madison Scouts... for me, there is one rifle line that stands above them. For that perfect combination of bad-azz attitude, technical excellence, best-ever rifle line uniform HANDS DOWN, the lying on their back spin move, and the fact they were 100 percent female.... I give you... THE 27TH LANCERS !!!! What year? Pick one, it doesn't matter.

• Like 2

I don't know about BEST rifle line, but I'd have to say the most ENTERTAINING rifle line that I've ever seen (and the OP didn't specify DCI) would have to be the Cavaliers winter guard in 1982 (West Side Story show) and 1983 (James Bond). Thirty years later, I still remember what fun shows those were to watch.

I'll argue with it. 1988 Suncoast sound.

/not quite

Definitely worth honorable mention - Suncoast was incredible - all captions!

• Like 1

"Best" is such a subjective term. Much as I would never besmirch anything having to do with the Madison Scouts... for me, there is one rifle line that stands above them. For that perfect combination of bad-azz attitude, technical excellence, best-ever rifle line uniform HANDS DOWN, the lying on their back spin move, and the fact they were 100 percent female.... I give you... THE 27TH LANCERS !!!! What year? Pick one, it doesn't matter.

I agree, though if I have to choose, 1980 is my favorite year.

1980 Madison was a wonderful rifle line, but I think Two-Seven had a much harder book . . . and nailed it just as well.

• Like 1