Phantom Regiment 2012

Here ya go... one of them I'm not really sure if it's supposed to be anything but it looks like something to me...

cloud, curtain, coin, sword, lotus, dragonfly, flower

PRcollage.jpg

Edited by euph2008
  • Like 3

And PS, I saw it before they took it down too. Doesn't look like it was all the way finished yet. Will be interesting to see the final product.

What was it like- atleast from what you saw? What changes did they make? Drill? Music?

Here ya go... one of them I'm not really sure if it's supposed to be anything but it looks like something to me...

PRcollage.jpg

This. Is. Sweeeet.

PRcollage.jpg

Top right looks like a pagoda's roofline.

Edited by chaos001

What was it like- atleast from what you saw? What changes did they make? Drill? Music?

I saw it too...the changes start at the point where they speed up the first time in Nessun Dorma. So, instead of speeding up there's a run of notes (which sounds nothing like Nessum Dorma) in its place AND at the same musical pace...but I'm still not sold that it's arranged for maximum exposure...there is no rise or fall to the new addition, rather, it's just loud. **EDIT** What I think I didn't care for is that the new tagged music comes in at a place in Nessun Dorma where the melody goes down, but instead the new music goes up in register and just stays there** From what I can remember after that, the soloist comes back in again does his thing, the ending is very similar if not exactly the same melodically...but the drill is different. The drill is still compact and near the front, but it sounds like maybe they are playing a couple clicks faster than the previous ending. The guard also had no flag work (for the new additions), and marched with silks at right shoulder or stripped, I believe....again all from memory, so take it for what it's worth! :music:

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

will the tuba hole get filled?

I really love Jamey Thompson's work.

Me too! ME TOO!!! I think he is one of the best, and most underrated writers out there right now. I'm surprised more HS bands don't utilize him. I believe he writes for BOA finalist Wando HS and a couple others?

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay
  • Like 1

Me too! ME TOO!!! I think he is one of the best, and most underrated writers out there right now. I'm surprised more HS bands don't utilize him. I believe he writes for BOA finalist Wando HS and a couple others?

He used to write for a few DCA corps, not sure if he still does. 07 Regiment was some brilliant work, he was much ahead of his time, IMO.

Edited by euphononium
  • Like 1