Blue Stars move to Jupiter, Mapex and Majestic.

*Gets lawn chair and six-pack. Waits for the bagging of Blue Stars and Jupiter by the usual gang*

• Like 2

I honestly think the Mapex drums sound fine. The rest? I don't know enough about it to comment. If the partnership helps the corps financially I don't see any issues.

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

been using Mapex for a year, I gotta be honest, I love em

No bagging on my alma mater corps, but I have never had a good experience with Jupiter horns.......

• Like 1

Eh... all I know is, I liked Phantom better on the old Kings than the new Jupiters. But Phantom is still great regardless, and I'm sure the Stars will still be great as well!

No bagging on my alma mater corps, but I have never had a good experience with Jupiter horns.......

Eh... all I know is, I liked Phantom better on the old Kings than the new Jupiters. But Phantom is still great regardless, and I'm sure the Stars will still be great as well!

We marched a Jupiter hornline last year, after marching King the year before (and some years before that as well). The brass is not changing, but the percussion is changing to Mapex & Majestic.

If this will save them some money for increasing gas costs, more power to them. i think that sometimes, corps should go with the cheaper company in order to keep them financially solvent. :thumbup:

And the Jupiter horns are much nicer now than people give them credit for, and they are great when it comes to balance and holding in the hands.

• Like 1