From Facebook

This is from George Hopkins. Posted today on Facebook.

"Made deal with Yamaha today- Cadets 2 will have 56 new brass instruments this weekend . Exciting" George Hopkins!

That was expected :)

I've heard a rumor that they're wearing the demon uniforms from last season. Anyone know the truth to that? I thought they originally said the corps would NOT be in Cadets uniforms?

I've heard a rumor that they're wearing the demon uniforms from last season. Anyone know the truth to that? I thought they originally said the corps would NOT be in Cadets uniforms?

In the DCI thread about Cadets 1 wearing the all white unis, a Cadets 2 member said he had just been fitted for his all maroon uniform. I thought I remembered one update from C2 saying that they would wear the traditional Cadets style uniform, but in different colors. I guess this sort of fits the bill...

On topic, good news about the horns. Does anyone know if they will be using all 56? I thought their hornline numbers had been lower than that at the camps... But if I'm wrong, all the better :thumbup:

We are wearing the all maroon uniform. Since it is not the "traditional" uniform it can be assumed that C2 will always be in either the cream or maroon uniforms from 2011. And since Cadets will be using the cream uniform, we get the maroon this year. The horn line WILL be using all 56 horns. We are only a few short of that number with a few new faces slated to be at the camp this weekend. Come check us out this Sunday if you are in the area, South Mountain Middle School, Allentown, PA.

never hurts to have backup horns in the truck.

• Like 1

Talked with same Cadets folks yesterday as well as some extremely wise experienced veterans from outside the Corps. They may not be able to field 56 horns, and yes it is a big deal that they have 56 new horns.

The point of the discussion is that as a beginning Corps one puts the best players and the best repertoire and drill on the field and see what happens. I have never been one who believed that filling up a line with unprepared players helps other than to fill some drill placement gaps, but the drill should not be written for more marchers than you can expect to be ready at a set point in the year. (April 15, May 15, experts weigh in). If they put 40 great horns on the field, Woohoo. Witness Kidsgove with about 45.

Another point is that there were concerns C2 would rob existing area All-agers of their best players and try to turn DCA into an annual Cadets triumph. My sources tell me this is not happening.

I will not reveal my sources because these have been casual conversations and I don't have their permission to share, nor did I ask.

Let's hear and see what happens.

K

• Like 1

the more people, especially young people, they can get into the horn line the more people that will get to spend their summer learning and getting better from instructors who have taught and/or marched at cadets. they also have to balance out the corps and can't march 12 front ensemble, 10 snares, 5 basses, 5 quads, and a cymbal line against 40 horns...

corps can teach people how to be better players. and as my band director would say "give me work ethic over talent"...

Edited by wcutuba
  • Like 1

so are you saying cadets2 should just be happy with the 50 they have now and not try to fill in the last 6 spots???

the more people, especially young people, they can get into the horn line the more people that will get to spend their summer learning and getting better from instructors who have taught and/or marched at cadets. they also have to balance out the corps and can't march 12 front ensemble, 10 snares, 5 basses, 5 quads, and a cymbal line against 40 horns...

corps can teach people how to be better players. and as my band director would say "give me work ethic over talent"...

always try.