If you could resurrect any corps...

You know what else does not change facts? YOU!

Here is a fact for you. The drum corps currently affiliated with the organization known as "VKYAO" IS...."The Velvet Knights". Nothing you say can change that fact.

I'm DONE!

I'll let you in on a little secret...

I dig drum corps, really, a very cool thing. I also realized that something that is inhibiting progress is the fact that those who have the direct ability to change or influence things are bound by the fact the this is their livelihood.

I've discovered that my best role in supporting progress, at this stage, is to be the guy who can say what others are thinking, but don't have the ability to voice, due to the point above (this is how they put food on the table). I can say the politically incorrect, the controversial, yet the absolutely obvious... because I don't have anything to lose. I'm the excuse for dialogue, a conversation starter...

There can be an opener of "did you read that jerk on DCP saying...", which drives the conversation in a more civil and productive direction toward a goal I am genuinely supportive of.

Edited by JohnZ
offensive comment removed

Hey, whoa everybody. Hold it a minute. Time out. *whistling through my fingers*

I've got something that will settle this whole (somewhat comical) dispute. Daniel mantioned "The VK Brand". Ok, lets talk about that but lets use a different comparison than Blue Stars. I'm an open Madison Scouts fan so how about a comparison of their brand?

Wait, hold it. Sssshhhh. I'm not done yet. You think I'm going to talk about their success along with their ups and downs, don't you? No, I'm not. Instead, I'm going to talk about DCP. What? (entertained yet?). LOL! This is fun.

Ok, SO! *cracking my knuckles*

There are some corps that you can't get through a single thread without them being mentioned. Due to a similar brand as VK (that being the "the entertainment factor"), you can't get through most threads or most days on DCP without someone turning the conversation toward Madison (see? I just did it.).

VK, though not quite as popular of a discussion is an interesting animal because they do manage to pop up in discussion more than most (if not all) corps currently active in Open Class and as we've seen in this very thread, sometimes under some very passionate opinions (both positive and negative).

So, do you want me to prove that VKYAO is keeping the "VK brand alive" ? Look at this very thread. :smile: Here is this little tiny Open Class corps that didn't even go to Indy last year. Harmless and hardly a threat to any corps in this activity and look at all the attention they are getting on the WORLD CLASS forum. Only the true spirit of the brand known as "The Velvet Knights" could possibly do that.

Yeah, VK is still alive. :thumbup: Thank you VKYAO for keeping something that is very unique and special alive in the drum corps activity, as humble of a feat as that is for you at the moment.

Edited by bmjfelts1988
  • Like 2

I've got something that will settle this whole (somewhat comical) dispute. Daniel mantioned "The VK Brand". Ok, lets talk about that but lets use a different comparison than Blue Stars. I'm an open Madison Scouts fan so how about a comparison of their brand?

Wait, hold it. Sssshhhh. I'm not done yet. You think I'm going to talk about their success along with their ups and downs, don't you? No, I'm not. Instead, I'm going to talk about DCP. What? (entertained yet?). LOL! This is fun.

There are some corps that you can't get through a single thread without them being mentioned. Due to a similar brand as VK (that being the "the entertainment factor"), you can't get through most threads or most days on DCP without someone turning the conversation toward Madison (see? I just did it.).

VK, though not quite as popular of a discussion is an interesting animal because they do manage to pop up in discussion more than most (if not all) corps currently active in Open Class and as we've seen in this very thread, sometimes under some very passionate opinions (both positive and negative).

So, do you want me to prove that VKYAO is keeping the "VK brand alive" ? Look at this very thread. :smile: Here is this little tiny Open Class corps that didn't even go to Indy last year. Hardly a threat to any corps in this activity and look at all the attention they are getting on the WORLD CLASS forum. Only the true spirit of the brand known as the Velvet Knights could possibly do that.

Yeah, VK is still alive. :thumbup:

VK beat BD in some captions when I was marching. Several guys I marched with (snare line) left BD to march VK. THAT was the actual spirit of the VK brand.

Edited by danielray
  • Like 1

VK beat BD in some captions when I was marching. Several guys I marched with (snare line) left BD to march VK. THAT was the actual spirit of the VK brand.

Sshhh! :music:

Edited by bmjfelts1988
  • Like 1

DCP is the crazy uncle that spouts about black helicopters, ufo's, chemtrails, yet dives into some rare spot on assessment of the current opportunity in Chinese palladium futures.

Bmjfelts1988, are you danielray's crazy uncle? Do you think I should hold on to my Egyptian cotton futures?

• Like 1

I took care of the west coast with The Freelancers. The Pacific Northwest, The Marauders (the jazz years). On the east coast I'll bring back The 27th Lancers. In the south, Suncoast Sound. The great plains, Sky Ryders. The Midwest, The Guardsmen.

Canada gets three, just for good measure: Connexion Quebec, The Oakland Crusaders, and Les Eclipse.

Donations have flooded in, so I'll select some more. :w00t: The Pacific Northwest, The Seattle Imperials and The Argonauts. The east coast, North Star and Avant Garde. The south, Florida Wave.

Canada, L'Insolite (simply for their guard! :drool::tongue::thumbup: )

• Like 1