If you could resurrect any corps...

Well it looks so far like the TOP 3, Most want back competing again are:

1 -- 27th Lancers

2 -- SoCal Kingsmen

3 -- Bridgemen

Wow, any of them would be Fantastic.

But, there were so many others mentioned that were so good also. They ARE missed by so many. A tribute to what they gave us ALL. Just the mention of their name's, bring back so many Memories. Here it is 30, 40, or more years later, and we STILL think of them ALL.

• Like 2

Yeah, well you are wrong.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

They're not even close to the level the original VK was. If you can't even get close to the same level, let alone do it better... why use the same name?

It seems they did have a lot of momentum and potential out of the gate, but have sort of stalled.

• Like 3

They're not even close to the level the original VK was. If you can't even get close to the same level, let alone do it better... why use the same name?

It seems they did have a lot of momentum and potential out of the gate, but have sort of stalled.

The Blue Stars spent a lot of years living in the shadow of the Div I years from back in the '70s. Some of those years were good and some not so good; but, they didn't stop when things would sometimes seem like "what the h**l" and the goal of returning the organization to Div I and top 12 status was attained.

The members of the Velvet Knights are probably feeling the same way with the expectation to look and be what once was.

• Like 3

I'm trying real hard to think of a way to respond to this that does not come off as insulting but I just can't think of anything. So this is the best I've got.........

What you have just said in the above is absolutely stupid. It's also just plain MEAN! "They shouldn't use the same name because they are not at the same level they once were"? I'm sorry, but that is completely moronic and juvenile. It's a good thing the Blue Stars didn't take to your philosophy.

Thankfully, your opinion is not important. The current "VKYAO" organization is called "The Velvet Kinghts" and nothing you say is going to ever change that.

Derailed....

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 5

The Blue Stars spent a lot of years living in the shadow of the Div I years from back in the '70s. Some of those years were good and some not so good; but, they didn't stop when things would sometimes seem like "what the h**l" and the goal of returning the organization to Div I and top 12 status was attained.

The members of the Velvet Knights are probably feeling the same way with the expectation to look and be what once was.

Exactly!

I'm trying real hard to think of a way to respond to this that does not come off as insulting but I just can't think of anything. So this is the best I've got.........

What you have just said in the above is absolutely stupid. It's also just plain MEAN! "They shouldn't use the same name because they are not at the same level they once were"? I'm sorry, but that is completely moronic and juvenile. It's a good thing the Blue Stars didn't take to your philosophy.

Thankfully, your opinion is not important. The current "VKYAO" organization is called "The Velvet Kinghts" and nothing you say is going to ever change that.

Derailed....

Blue Stars was a completely different situation. They had a serious, practical and realistic plan with goals and measured progress year on year. They got kids to STAY... that point right there should tell you everything you need to know about what they were doing. Kids stayed!

VK is a completely different story.

It isn't mean... the kids are great... just very young in comparison... and don't seem to be sticking around.

My point is that they have stalled. That is a factual statement.

• Like 3

I'd resurrect The Bridgemen because I feel like the activity has trended so far away from their brand of pure entertainment.

Edited by dcm_alum
  • Like 1

Blue Stars was a completely different situation. They had a serious, practical and realistic plan with goals and measured progress year on year. They got kids to STAY... that point right there should tell you everything you need to know about what they were doing. Kids stayed!

VK is a completely different story.

It isn't mean... the kids are great... just very young in comparison... and don't seem to be sticking around.

My point is that they have stalled. That is a factual statement.

Unless we are referring to scores NOTHING on DCP is factual.

All my favs Mike! Great choice!

Sky Ryders and Argonne Rebels. It would be fun to see corps come out of small Midwestern heartland towns that no one expects to have a corps.

By that same token, Osage Precisionnaires, who were very close (14th) to making Finals in 1975. And from a different region, the same for Watkins Glen Squires, who were even closer in 13th the same year.

Infinite amounts of money? Then it would NOT be just one corps. Here are my corps

Cadets of Greece

Royal Coachmen

Rochester Patriots (I know Greece is in Rochester)

Muchachos

Argonne Rebels

Precisionaires

Charioteers

Argonauts