Move DCI to Santa Clara!

Let's not forget that the west coast corps still traveled all the way east for Allentown in 07. It was just early season instead of late season.

Yep.

What the "Have It On The West Coast" fans are missing is a West Coast finals doesn't subtract mileage/cost for anyone -- not even the West coast corps. They'll still be doing basically the same tour mileage.

But the MidWest/East corps will be adding at least 4500-5500 miles to their tours. It's not a zero-sum game.

• Like 1

I don't see how rotating finals could be bad. It keeps things fresh. Exposes the activity to different people. Gives current fans another reason to go, or just the means to go in many cases. Travel isn't easy for anyone. I know it is a pain to fly to and from Indy out of Philly. After 08 I ended up getting home after someone who drove from Indy because of layovers and delays. Getting out West would probably be easier. Just looking up prices via southwest for finals weekend, it's not bad. I searched 3 San Fran area airports. SJC being the cheapest. It's about $200 more total to fly out west. Not bad honestly. I could probably try a little harder and find better deals. And there were a couple non-stop flights. Easier than flying out to Chicago, then back track to Indy.

And the best I could make a family vacation out of it. I've only been to LA on a band trip. I'd like to explore some of No. Cali also. Hear it's like a different state.

And the corps would just have to plan for it. Like they did in 07. Like the corps in 04 did for TOC (right??) Have one east and one west coast show. A couple midwest shows. Kansas? Or even do finals in Texas again.

And don't start #####ing about the heat. The whole country gets hot during the summer. I remember it being like 10 degrees hotter and 100% humidity up in the north east one summer compared to Texas.

But choose like a 4 or five city rotation. If the corps know where they are going each year they can plan for it. And figure it out. We can even go back to the oil can every 3 or 4 years or so. Even though I don't really like the place. Nice stadium. Not for drum corps. And the city is quite a bore! lol

Side note: our corps had stuff stolen in 09 at our Indy housing site....

Heck the Crossmen have to do quite a bit of traveling just to get to their first show usually.

The only possible way West coast corps can cut miles is by never making it to the East coast. Maybe they drop out on Allentown and Atlanta for a year? And not do an East coast tour at all. I mean the East corps aren't expected to travel out west for the regionals out there. Even though quite a few have started making trips out there. Cadets last year. Who else is going this year??

Even people who have praised certain aspects of Indy have yet to give it a total endorsement

Let me be the first then, to give it a total endorsement. I win.

From a pure mileage standpoint, Dallas is far more equidistant than Indy (by about 800 miles)....but who wants to go to Texas?? (Crossmen, excepted)

Crossmen have it pretty good right now.

When they are in Texas they are crowd favorites. And even in the northeast they are still favorites. Especially with the change in the direction started last year.

Yep.

What the "Have It On The West Coast" fans are missing is a West Coast finals doesn't subtract mileage/cost for anyone -- not even the West coast corps. They'll still be doing basically the same tour mileage.

But the MidWest/East corps will be adding at least 4500-5500 miles to their tours. It's not a zero-sum game.

actually many of us get that. We're just wondering why one group has to do it every year, but no one else does.

Let me be the first then, to give it a total endorsement. I win.

congrats. I'd be surprised if you had 9,999 more people willing to go there with you.

And again, Indy is closer to me. But far less appealing

congrats. I'd be surprised if you had 9,999 more people willing to go there with you.

And again, Indy is closer to me. But far less appealing

Really? I'm surprised after reading the thread that you have said that. Again.