Interesting DCA Season START

If I am Correct. In just over 60 Day's from now.

The First DCA Show of the year takes place. June 16th. "Cab's on the Beach" in Wildwood, N.J., It has BOTH: Cab's and Buc's and more(Bush, Fusion, Windsor Regiment, Carolina Gold, Sunrisers). So they (Cab's & Buc's) will have REAL Score sheet's to work with, for 2 Week's, before the next Show. A Very BIG show.

Then on June 30th. (Just 2 weeks Later) The Whole Top 5 from 2011 + Bush. will be in Bridgeport, Conn. for that show.

So will Cab's and Buck's, have any advantage over: Minnesota Brass, Empire Statesmen, and Hurricanes (at their First show).

(YES, I know "Bush" will also have Score Sheet's. I know they will have a shot at being in the Top 10 at years end. But, getting to the Top 5 will be a lot of upward movement in one Year. Possible maybe, But Who Knows)

Edited by 2B or not 2B

This same schedule has been in place for quite some time. Both Cabs and Bucs might have "some" advantage because of the first show, but keep in mind, those other corps are getting an extra week of rehearsal which pretty much equals out.

Also, MBI has two judged performances at DCI shows before Bridgeport

(YES, I know "Bush" will also have Score Sheet's. I know they will have a shot at being in the Top 10 at years end. But, getting to the Top 5 will be a lot of upward movement in one Year. Possible maybe, But Who Knows)

Bush 10th place in 2000

Bush 5th place in 2001 with 73 members.

Anything is possible.

• Like 1

Let's see...MBI didn't see Bucs until Mid July last year, even though they had showson DCA sheets leading up to that point. Seemed to work out ok.

The First DCA Show of the year takes place. June 16th. "Cab's on the Beach" in Wildwood, N.J., It has BOTH: Cab's and Buc's and more(Bush, Fusion, Windsor Regiment, Carolina Gold, Sunrisers). So they (Cab's & Buc's) will have REAL Score sheet's to work with, for 2 Week's, before the next Show. A Very BIG show.

Then on June 30th. (Just 2 weeks Later) The Whole Top 5 from 2011 + Bush. will be in Bridgeport, Conn. for that show.

So will Cab's and Buck's, have any advantage over: Minnesota Brass, Empire Statesmen, and Hurricanes (at their First show).

The early seasons scores are so predictable. Track the last 10 years scores and see. I bet I can give you the order now and come close to withing 2 points of the actual scores.

Every show, every single performance should be the very, very best one can offer; no matter when, no matter who the performance is for, no matter what type of performance it may be or venue, no matter how many fans.............all performances are (IMO) of equal value and each are very important to the health of the activity, as a whole.

Edited by bill

Every show, every single performance should be the very, very best one can offer; no matter when, no matter who the performance is for, no matter what type of performance it may be or venue, no matter how many fans.............all performances are (IMO) of equal value and each are very important to the health of the activity, as a whole.

Which is nice but misses the OP's point (which is suggesting that an early "read" may give some corps an advantage).

FWIW I'm pretty skeptical that the read is worth much competitively in most cases. Occasionally I guess a corps' entire design team may bungle something and be completely blind to it but that shouldn't be happening very frequently.