Favorite Quiet Moments

Favorite quiet moment, right before Brandt Crocker announced 2nd place in 2008. I would have felt bad if anyone farted, because it would have echoed in that stadium

• Like 7

1995 Bluecoats - handing of the Flag to the War Widow. It was so quiet in the stadium you could her the girl crying from the field.

• Like 2

One of my favorite from this past season was near the end of the Cadets show, where the corps had a huge build up, the Angel's voice returned, and the hornline began the soft choral that grew into the huge finish. That subito piano choral was easily one of the most effective moments of the entire summer.

• Like 2

Check out 00' Phantom Regiment. Better than all three listed.

Good call. "Transfigured Night" is one of the best ballads ever done. That was a TOUGH solo, too. Was that Alyssa Schild (sp?) as the mellophone soloist that year?

Good call. "Transfigured Night" is one of the best ballads ever done. That was a TOUGH solo, too. Was that Alyssa Schild (sp?) as the mellophone soloist that year?

Yes. Hard girl to talk to. I think a lot of people took her the wrong way. Being quiet isn't always a sign up stuckupedness, sometimes it just means you are a quiet person.

She was a very naturally musical person and a sweet girl when you could get her to talk.

00 scv ending!

Also, (one that hasn't been mentioned) loved part of cavaliers 03, the effect with the extreme diminuendo/crescendo in the pit as the hornline starts sitting down for their wack a mole section.

'11 regiment opening/ending

LOL at the person who said 2011 scv's show

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 2

End of Cadets '87 where you can't even hear the soloist

I always wondered if that was a DVD/video thing i.e. you could hear the solo of you were there just not on the recording.