Favorite Quiet Moments

Can't believe I forgot it, but 2007 Bluecoats, the "silent" guard section. Such a cool moment, just because the crowd goes almost dead silent while they do it.

• Like 1

Come on! -- silent flagwork and toss followed by rimshot -- Cadets 92 :)

• Like 1

End of BD's '94 show. Not sure it even qualifies for this thread as I think that ending statement was all guard with just pit accompaniment.

• Like 1

This. Kinda sucks the DVD goes in for the close up on Nick (nothing against the guy at all) when the focus is obviously supposed to be on the main characters. I would have picked the beginning of Somewhere for the synth closeup.

Don't worry, no offense taken - I actually completely agree with you. The vis staff told me sometime in July to try and be as still as humanly possible while I played the solo, so that people wouldn't look at me and wouldn't be able to tell where the sound was coming from. Sure, I had the musical spotlight, but the visual focus was clearly supposed to be on Joey and Deanna, rather than on me trying my best not to move.

Edited by CrownStarr
  • Like 4

Fantastic attitude, Nick! thumbup.gif

• Like 2

Don't worry, no offense taken - I actually completely agree with you. The vis staff actually told me sometime in July to try and be as still as humanly possible while I played the solo, so that people wouldn't look at me and wouldn't be able to tell where the sound was coming from. Sure, I had the musical spotlight, but the visual focus was clearly supposed to be on Joey and Deanna, rather than on me trying my best not to move.

Stop posting on DCP -- back to the Waldstein :-)

• Like 1

Other than the Crown selections mentioned above (yes, I'm a homer), words escape me to describe the "Bring Him Home" bari solo from 2011 Boston Crusaders.

I am glad you mentioned the solo in "Bring Him Home". I hated BC's show at the beginning of last season. But it is without doubt my favorite show from 2011 and a lot of that is because of that quiet moment.

But as far as a favorite moment. That would be the end of Crown in 2004. Loved the way the corps sang those haunting words at the end of Bohemian Rhapsody. People in my row were passing the Kleenex box. Just beautiful.

There are many great quiet moments and I haven't come close to hearing them all. But I'll share mine.

In 83 there was a quiet piece the Cadets played from Mass that led into the Rocky Point reprise. It featured a beautiful Mello solo, and I assume it was Barbara Moroney, with fine Contra support work. This my favorite.

Kevin