Carolina Crown 2012

also noticed that there is quite a bit of silence (as far as I can tell) from the time the DM starts conducting until the first note is played ... maybe more is yet to come in the beginning ...

All I can say is their show is 100% better live in person. I saw the show Saturday night and loved every minute of it. There is some low bass which the VOD might not pick up. That could be why it seemed silent.

Yes, the contras have a low held note on the downbeat. It may not come across well on FN depending on your audio setup. I heard it OK, but I had my sound system cranked.

Yes, the contras have a low held note on the downbeat. It may not come across well on FN depending on your audio setup. I heard it OK, but I had my sound system cranked.

Agree with all those who have said video does not capture this show very well at all. You have to see/hear it live.

I'll have to go back to look at the video, but wasn't Crown missing a bass drum in that show? If so, that could be part of the problem.

I think I recall that because when Cavies when on, they had 6 bass drums. I was thinking "OK--so that's where Crown's bass went!" :tongue:

Bass 3 was unexpectedly out for the night

Bass 3 was unexpectedly out for the night

I hope it wasn't anything serious and Bass 3 is back now!

Hmmm...in this recording, it almost looks like the DM is giving 4 empty beats (after the tempo prep) and then the contras come in. I can see now what ashvillemurphy is describing. Don't know if it's just to get everyone started correctly (since it's so exposed) or is there "something" that's going to fill those 4 beats that we won't see/hear until "later".

One thing I noticed in the video was that Bass 3 was gone up to the main Fanfare section and then she's back in. Interesting.

I do have one question. I count 8 snares, but they left for tour with 9. Is the other snare experiencing issues similar to what kept Bass 3 out of the Muncie Show and other things or is there something else going on? Just curious.

One thing I noticed in the video was that Bass 3 was gone up to the main Fanfare section and then she's back in. Interesting.

I do have one question. I count 8 snares, but they left for tour with 9. Is the other snare experiencing issues similar to what kept Bass 3 out of the Muncie Show and other things or is there something else going on? Just curious.

There were 8 snares at the end of camp.

Snapshot from preview show

9VEDu.png