Carolina Crown 2012

Can someone explain the cube symbolism in the show?

I got the vibe it symbolizes going "outside the box", as in pushing yourself and those around you to superhuman levels to achieve for the common good of all.

• Like 3

BOA Summer Symposium!

303651_10150995709967641_794363484_n.jpg

Those Crown equipment trucks must certainly get noticed on the highway.

To top it off, I don't see "Drum and Bugle Corps" printed on them (unless printed elsewhere on the truck). Whenever I see that I can't help but think it's been a long time since we had bugles......

Edited by LincolnV

I think the staff is really onto something with this show. Something about bringing Fanfare to the field during an Olympics summer feels very right, and I don't doubt that they might have had that on their minds.

I think BD and Crown are the corps to watch out for this summer, from what I can see. Verrrrry interesting...

I think the staff is really onto something with this show. Something about bringing Fanfare to the field during an Olympics summer feels very right, and I don't doubt that they might have had that on their minds.

I think BD and Crown are the corps to watch out for this summer, from what I can see. Verrrrry interesting...

Yep I just watched the show (as I just got FN).

Very abstract and they have a hornline at the same level as BD. The only thing I I can say is this show is pretty much the same as what BD is doing what with the scatter drill and stuff (Crown seems to do it a bit more) but the only difference I can tell is that Crown isn't wearing blue uniforms.

Excellent show! worthy.gif

I think with their lighter color uniforms they stand out more visually. Their pit is really good too! more amplified than anyone else from what I can hear but mic'd VERY well. I don't mind amps in fact I kind of like it because they can concentrate more on technique rather than banging loud to be heard.

• Like 2

Yep I just watched the show (as I just got FN).

Very abstract and they have a hornline at the same level as BD. The only thing I I can say is this show is pretty much the same as what BD is doing what with the scatter drill and stuff (Crown seems to do it a bit more) but the only difference I can tell is that Crown isn't wearing blue uniforms.

Excellent show! worthy.gif

I think with their lighter color uniforms they stand out more visually. Their pit is really good too! more amplified than anyone else from what I can hear but mic'd VERY well. I don't mind amps in fact I kind of like it because they can concentrate more on technique rather than banging loud to be heard.

It's not as much about the sound amplification... it's that dang over-boosted synth that every corps has these days.

(side note: Believe it or not, I'd say Madison has loudest synth in DCI right now)

Very abstract and they have a hornline at the same level as BD.

I disagree. That hornline is at a much higher level than the Blue Devils hornline.

• Like 5