Carolina Crown 2012

@CarolinaCrown- It would help my Common Good if you guys might let us catch up a bit.#CrownIsOnFire

HoppyKnowsBest 22:59

:tic:

Since my guys are obviously out I'm rooting for you guys over BD/Cadets/Phantom. But, what's with the middle of the show? Is that going to be fleshed out a little more?

• Like 2

Since my guys are obviously out I'm rooting for you guys over BD/Cadets/Phantom. But, what's with the middle of the show? Is that going to be fleshed out a little more?

It's already been tweaked quite a bit since the beginning of the season. My guess is there are still some modifications coming, as is usually the case.

Sorry there isn't a jazz or swing section randomly in the middle of the show :P

• Like 1

A little parade sumpin' sumpin' ... Crown style.

Had seen Crown on the FN several times and last night live in Bristol. Wow! A couple of things struck me. Leon May has really come through with a wonderful drill this year, so much more complex and effective than anything I've seen from him before. Also, I'm surprised by how much I love the guard work. It's been mentioned here that staging has been an issue the last few years. I've also thought that in the past the guard's dance and body movement were a bit lacking. Not this year. The dance moves and acrobatics are not only very graceful, but the timing and impact of the moves and tricks is wonderfully entertaining. Great job. I hope they can clean this and that the percussion comes through, because I think it is hands down the best design on the field this year. They never let my interest flag, and the energy is amazing.

• Like 3

Had seen Crown on the FN several times and last night live in Bristol. Wow! A couple of things struck me. Leon May has really come through with a wonderful drill this year, so much more complex and effective than anything I've seen from him before. Also, I'm surprised by how much I love the guard work. It's been mentioned here that staging has been an issue the last few years. I've also thought that in the past the guard's dance and body movement were a bit lacking. Not this year. The dance moves and acrobatics are not only very graceful, but the timing and impact of the moves and tricks is wonderfully entertaining. Great job. I hope they can clean this and that the percussion comes through, because I think it is hands down the best design on the field this year. They never let my interest flag, and the energy is amazing.

The only thing I don't like about these "acrobatics" is that only one guard member is doing them and they have no relation to what else is going on. Backwards handsprings? Done in snyc the previous year by The Cadets. Forward somersault? Done by a whole section of the Cavaliers colorguard. It just seems gimmicky for Crown to throw that stuff in this year. It'd much rather see some dance that conveys the "For the Common Man" theme (fighting crime, striking poses, etc).

• Like 2

drummers drumming :-)

Where's the ladies dancing and the lords a-leaping? Oops--I might be thinking of a different show. :tongue:

[sorry, I just had to.]

• Like 1