Carolina Crown 2012

Whould anyone happen to know where Crown will be housed during Championships? I know they usually stay at Avon HS but I believe their start date for school has been moved up a week, so I would think that's not a possibility anymore.

Whould anyone happen to know where Crown will be housed during Championships? I know they usually stay at Avon HS but I believe their start date for school has been moved up a week, so I would think that's not a possibility anymore.

So sad to lose Avon -- it was an ideal location for finals.

Last thing I saw said they're at Indiana Wesleyan Univ. in Marion,IN.

So sad to lose Avon -- it was an ideal location for finals.

Last thing I saw said they're at Indiana Wesleyan Univ. in Marion,IN.

I wonder if this won't be a growing problem for DCI--finding housing sites as more public schools go to year-round schedules or earlier start dates; not to mention being a problem for the high-schoolers who are marching.

I wonder if this won't be a growing problem for DCI--finding housing sites as more public schools go to year-round schedules or earlier start dates; not to mention being a problem for the high-schoolers who are marching.

Did Avon in fact go to a year-round schedule or are they just starting the year a week earlier?

Edited by LincolnV

Did Avon in fact go to a year-round schedule or are they just starting the year a week earlier?

All of the schools in the Indianapolis area are starting school the Monday of DCI week. It's just how the calendar fell this year. Thank the Mayans. :w00t:

Edited by njthundrrd

There is a link on the Crown FB site about a clinic in Centerville, OH on July 9th. DCP gets a little weirded out when I post any advertisements here, so you can feel free to go there to check out any information. You might have family or friends interested in the show or the clinic the day of the show.

Edited by njthundrrd

Like Chad, I still don't get the middle third (or more) of the show, but the beginning and end certainly have my attention. I think I like 2009 and 2010 more so far, but I'm comparing this year's show NOW to those shows in AUGUST, and that ain't very fair.

I felt the same way when I watched the show on FN the first time. But it does fit into the show for me now that I look at it from the perspective that a lot of silly, chaotic and undisciplined behaviors occur in life before a better perspective on what is best for others as well as one's self. When the corps focuses to center backfield before the gathering company front it is if their turning their talents and lives toward a higher calling ... The Common Good.

I know this may sound as if I have done too many 12 step programs, but it is simply the way that it makes me feel.

It actually inspires me in some way. So many people on DCP said that the show reminds them of Star 93.. but I see some of the concepts and ideologies of the Suncoast Sun in the show as well.

Edited by musclebud

Never been a fan of crown with some of their song selections and body movements. Some years were too cheesy for me.

Well, this year could be their 'Rocky Point Holiday'. Well done. Clean, Clean, Clean. Could be one for the ages.

• Like 6