2012 Blue Devils

Actually the whole point of the Dada thing was that it WASN'T "real art" -- it was a protest movement in response to supposedly civilized nations engaging in warfare. Nor was it intellectual or deep. It was intentionally grating and bad. It was outrageous. It was politics. Gonna be a fun summer ph34r.gif

Are we talking about dada or punk rock or avante gard jazz or abstract art, or....? All created at different times in the same vain for different (yet similar) reasons. A wake-up call for the senses.

Are we talking about dada or punk rock or avante gard jazz or abstract art, or....? All created at different times in the same vain for different (yet similar) reasons. A wake-up call for the senses.

You need to start writing their show announcements, Plan.

• Like 2

Way, way too popular to play stuff like THIS for some Corps.

Its not nonsensical enough for some Corps, and besides we understand this song's words and the emotions it is conveying. Thats a nonstarter right there alone, for some.

• Like 1

A wake-up call for the senses.

Will there be an alarm clock used in the show as prop ? I wouldn't want to miss any of Dada's nonsense, you know ?

I decided not to read any of the post in this topic. After last years show I thought BD was heading in a better direction. By looking at the show description and rep I'm picturing another bit's and Pieces show of follow the leader, tight rope walking, chairs, mirrors, poles, park and blow moments while playing difficult runs.

In a nut shell: another cut and paste production that will compete for the title.

Edited by Phantombari1
  • Like 8

When I read his first post in here, for a second, I assumed he was the same person.

Seriously.

Edited by mingusmonk

I'm calling waffles on that .... abstract art and avante guard jazz are not equivalent with dada. Both take themselves somewhat seriously. Dada explicitly did NOT.

I'm very curious to see what they (BD) do with this because

That's my point . . .the folks who will line up this summer to defend "le artiste" will actually be running counter to their own argument. :tongue:

Bawker pretty much nails it. If the show is pushing boundaries and "high art" then the design is (by definition) a failure!

• Like 1

true. sounds like he did less drugs in the 70's

• Like 1

I decided not to read any of the post in this topic. After last years show I thought BD was heading in a better direction. By looking at the show description and rep I'm picturing another bit's and Pieces show of follow the leader, tight rope walking, chairs, mirrors, poles, park and blow moments while playing difficult runs.

In a nut shell: another cut and paste production that will compete for the title.

so, how do you really feel?

:tongue: