Teaser--Review Coming Monday Night!!

:huh:

......ugly??

Yes folks...hopefully the moderator of this forum will let me tease for the review that I plan to give for the West Covina show. It's called The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly for a number of reasons...I will take NO prisoners...I will call it like it was...I will do so without the benefits of being the announcer and thusly being able to write notes, as I was just a special guest instructor of SoCal Dream....

Here's what to expect....

--The Good--

--Whoa! Watch out folks--SoCal Dream just took another big step up--rumors spreading like wildfire--what IS this corps up to??

--Fever!! We'll look at something I haven't seen in a long time--tune in tomorrow to find out WHAT?

--Impulse!! Hmmmm....cleaning house and looking good...and you should have HEARD them...

--RIVER CITY!!! Why California is becoming a SERIOUS hotbed of activity up here and why River City will strike GOLD...

--ALLIANCE!! 6 horns...and what could be good about only 6 horns...

--The Bad--

--Hello BD "B"! Welcome back to southern Cal...and I didn't give you the most positive review from the Cerritos show. I'm thinking it's going to happen again...

--RENEGADES! WHAT??? In the BAD section...yep...and it'll make sense tomorrow...and don't worry! SEVEN is a good number...in my book at least (psst...what the heck is Turner talking about?)

--Pacific Crest! The BAD??? Turner!! Crack dude! Lay off of it! But seriously...we'll take issue with the traveling brain fart bug that showed up right in the middle of PC's show...dang thing stung a few people...and I know (and so do they!) what they HAVE to do NOW...and then WATCH DCI!!!

--The Ugly--

--You'll find out why this reviewer SHOULD HAVE EATEN BEFORE GOING TO THE SHOW!!! Was that a hot dog I just received from the snack bar, or an alien life form?

--Uhhhhh....that big bright shiny thing in the sky some call the sun...I refer to it as the Flaming Sphere of Heat and Death...and find out why I think this show COULD have been just 30 minutes better.

--Change...you must have change...to operate a food booth, keep the change handy and plentiful...I'll explain.

--Souvie row! PITIFUL! Why? Tomorrow...

So keep this thread, oh kind Moderator of All, and I will add the review as a reply...check back tomorrow....for the West Covina Drum and Bugle Corps Show "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" review....

for now...the Flaming Sphere of Heat and Death kicked my rotund BUTT today, and I'm slipping into a coma! CIAO'!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the edge of my seat... looking forward to hearing what you ahve to say :)

From a performing member's perspective, I can give you a little bit of the Bad AND the Ugly right now:

Bad - WEST COVINA, CUT YOUR DANG GRASS!!!!!!!! Sheesh, I swear it's like a foot tall! Same as last year. Clue phone, it's for you! My calves were buring within the first minute of our show trying to push through that stuff at 200bpm!

Ugly - The Heat! Now I know there's nothing that can be done about the sun, except maybe hold the show at a different location, perhaps closer to the ocean, but #### it was hot! And having to go on while the sun is still up and mocking you, devil-smiley-029.gif WHILE wearing all black, was just nasty. I drank a gallon of water during rehearsal and up until our gate time and I still felt dehydrated!

Now I know it's all part of the game called drum corps, marching under adverse conditions and all that. I really should be used to it, but it being Monday morning and still being tired and cranky, I just felt like coming on here to rant a little. :ramd: I'm all done now. Bye!~ :huh:

At least the field didn't have car tire ruts in it this year! Going on in the full heat and sun is like resistance training. One more show and we go on last. No excuses!!!!

I'm going to throw my uniform in the freezer right now so it'll be nice and cool for Sunnyvale.  :P

The sholder pads are made out of that freezer gel material so you should be good to go.

Edited by dugada

Frankly, I think that show should be moved to a school that understands the words "lawn mower."

Or at LEAST bring in a bunch of goats to graze the week before the show!

It was no better last year....and we only did a park & bark then...I was worried entering yesterday, and I was on the podium!

I saw at least 5 different corps have a near disasterous fall because of that piece of #### field...can we take the one from Westview HS on tour with us? That was a NICE place to march!

Too bad the bathrooms were so ####### far away!

Edited by 84BDsop