2012 WC drums

And please tell me that they (Ludwig) are manufacturing their drums in the United States of America. No reason for ALL the marching percussion companies and their drum manufacturing to be based and located outside the USA.

Ludwig has been building their upper-level drums and sets in their factory in North Carolina since they moved it from Chicago in the 80s. The entry-level and mid-range sets are coming out of Taiwan, as is almost all of the hardware used in pretty much every drum out there (Yamaha is an exception on the hardware, as they have it plated at their motorcycle factory). The Musser plant is still in the Chicago-area, though that will be moving to NC soon too (sad, but oh well..).

No reason to believe that Ludwig won't be building whatever the new marching equipment line is in the States too. Their pricing on pro-level sets is actually quite a bit better than the pro-level Yamaha and Pearl products built in Japan, so they do know how to compete in that arena.

Nice figuring on the outside ply of the Mapex.

Lots of blacks and whites this year. Wonder what that's about.

Ludwig has been building their upper-level drums and sets in their factory in North Carolina since they moved it from Chicago in the 80s. The entry-level and mid-range sets are coming out of Taiwan, as is almost all of the hardware used in pretty much every drum out there (Yamaha is an exception on the hardware, as they have it plated at their motorcycle factory). The Musser plant is still in the Chicago-area, though that will be moving to NC soon too (sad, but oh well..).

No reason to believe that Ludwig won't be building whatever the new marching equipment line is in the States too. Their pricing on pro-level sets is actually quite a bit better than the pro-level Yamaha and Pearl products built in Japan, so they do know how to compete in that arena.

That is good! I am a real big fan of Ludwig snare drums (and have a couple) even though I play Sonor drums from Germany.

Glassmen:

576540_10150856645905810_1328251323_n.jpg

Those are amazing. Also WHAT UP G-WEST

Edited by euphman89

Glassmen:

576540_10150856645905810_1328251323_n.jpg

Judging by where the Remo logo is on the black max and the snare bed on the bottom, is the Dynasty logo sticker going to be off centered? Based on the location of the throw off switch, i would normally expect the Dynasty sticker to be between the casings to the left to be on the front of the drum. I hadn't noticed before but the picture of the Regiment drums is the same while the SCV drums has the sticker where I would normally expect it.