2012 WC Uniforms

When I first started watching DCI in the late 80's, SCV changed their uniforms in some way every single year. I'm not married to any one particular look. That said, I thought their late 90's set that they recently brought back was a really good choice.

Mike

Agreed. I also really like the Red (and gold or green) over White looks they had in 1994-95 and 2005.

And, while it may have been a departure from tradition, I will continue to praise SCV's Yellow and Black (with metallic accents) uniforms from 1993 as one of the best uniforms I've ever seen.

I will support any BD uniform of any cut, color or style if they lose the tracksuit stripes.

Mike

Yea I don't like the stripes. (black ones or the white ones) I do like the thin curved white stripe on the old uni's back though. that was classy. spats? ehh sometimes it looked good. I do miss the sliver sash though.

Yea I don't like the stripes. (black ones or the white ones) I do like the thin curved white stripe on the old uni's back though. that was classy. spats? ehh sometimes it looked good. I do miss the sliver sash though.

Aren't the strips up through 2012 a holdover from the puppet string stripes from 06?? I could stand loosing them....keep the capelet, tho....a nice homage to the drop sash (just wish they hadn't dropped it the year I marched)

The curved strip on the back wasn't the same as the pants stripe....it was just trim in the seams of the back panels.

I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with something totally off the wall. I think it would be cool at least for this show.

You'll see what I'm talking about. The show is really different but really cool also.

Aren't the strips up through 2012 a holdover from the puppet string stripes from 06?? I could stand loosing them....keep the capelet, tho....a nice homage to the drop sash (just wish they hadn't dropped it the year I marched)

The curved strip on the back wasn't the same as the pants stripe....it was just trim in the seams of the back panels.

Does anyone else find the all the various names BD fans try to use on the BD half-skirt just a little amusing? Sorry - not being mean spirited or anything all. It just makes me smile a little.

(BTW it's not capelet at all . Capelets are over your shoulders.)

AAAAC3j4LlQAAAAAAD7UCg.jpg?v=1238292575000

• Like 3

401812_10151033204324579_1328790384_n.jpg

Academy's (slightly different) uniform from their FB page. Purple ties!!

• Like 3

In case you haven't seen the Cadets' unis with the hats yet, here's a picture. You can find more on their Facebook page.

601593_10151048856646349_1717398672_n.jpg

I wasn't a fan of this look at first, but they look pretty sharp with the hats.

I like this uniform better than the traditional Cadet uni. :worthy:

Dunno....I kinda miss the gold sash. Still, this is a MUCH better "new uni" than the spaceage travesty from the early 2000s (the one that dropped the frogs and balls)

• Like 1