DCI fan network

If we play Cavs 2008 Samurai Finals show on FN , it appears that it will freeze up on us about a third to halfway into their show. Its done at precisely the same spot in the show each time, so I'm thinking because of that, its probably not my computer. Now, if you can play Cavs 2008 show all the way through, then I'd appreciate hearing about it ( or from someone else ). I don't think we can play the entire show through, as it freezes up. Now, if I 'm wrong on this, I'd appreciate knowing, because then I have to go to plan " B ". Let me know if you ( or others )when you get a chance to play it for yourselves, see if you don't get a freeze up on this 2008 Cavs Finals show on FN about a third to halfway through.

Brasso...

I just watched the entire finals show for Cavs 2008 and did not have any freezes at all. I do notice motion-blur at select times, but I've noticed that on most of the FN videos that are not HD. That said, I have a very high-end gaming desktop computer with dual graphics cards that gives me extreme performance. If I were to watch with my laptop I can't say that I would have the same experience.

It is my understanding that the smart player technology that is used for FN(I won't go into the specifics here) actually will take into account among other things your internet connection speed along with your computer hardware and serve up the best rendition of the video(not all PC's are alike). I wouldn't be so quick to say that it is your computer causing the issues, but you might want to give your PC a little boost. I'm always looking for an edge while gaming, but video viewing is not all that different. I use a free piece of software for gaming performance, but the beauty is you can just select the option

"switch to boost" and it configures your system for optimum performance automatically. I'm sure this will aid in helping your video performance. Here is the link game booster v 3.4.0

Let me know how it works out for you if you choose to try it out.

Brasso...

I just watched the entire finals show for Cavs 2008 and did not have any freezes at all. I do notice motion-blur at select times, but I've noticed that on most of the FN videos that are not HD. That said, I have a very high-end gaming desktop computer with dual graphics cards that gives me extreme performance. If I were to watch with my laptop I can't say that I would have the same experience.

It is my understanding that the smart player technology that is used for FN(I won't go into the specifics here) actually will take into account among other things your internet connection speed along with your computer hardware and serve up the best rendition of the video(not all PC's are alike). I wouldn't be so quick to say that it is your computer causing the issues, but you might want to give your PC a little boost. I'm always looking for an edge while gaming, but video viewing is not all that different. I use a free piece of software for gaming performance, but the beauty is you can just select the option

"switch to boost" and it configures your system for optimum performance automatically. I'm sure this will aid in helping your video performance. Here is the link game booster v 3.4.0

Let me know how it works out for you if you choose to try it out.

Liahona... I was using a Laptop as a matter of fact.. a Dell.. about 2 .5 years old. It hasn't given me much trouble up until FN viewing the last week or so. I'll try that boost option site you mentioned. Thanks, Man.

I had Fan Network issues 2010 and early 2011. Since August 2011, I replaced my 6 year old laptop with a new Acer, asked my ISP to upgrade to high speed and had a visit from the cable guy. On May 8th I listened to a live concert stream via a New York City radio station of ESO performing at Carnegie Hall. It was delightful!

This evening I checked DCI Fan Network. 2008 Phantom Regiment stopped 3 times at 1:21 1:27 and 2:18. Blue Devils stopped 2 times at 1:21 and 1:42. 2008 Cavaliers streamed through with no hiccups. 1999 Blue Knights streamed through with 17 pauses (freezing) up to a second each. 1989 Santa Clara Vanguard stream froze 23 times!!! *sigh* I’ll run a few more tests before I send DCI a little note (I also have WGI Fan Network with no issues?)

Not a problem with the videos, but I didn't know where else to ask this. When can one pay for their 2012-2013 subscription? Also, what was the price last year for Live + DVD?

No problems here with The Cavalier's 2008.

Have you tried updating your flash to the latest version?

Maybe you can try increasing your local storage in the Adobe Flash Player Settings?

Right Click on the Video -> Settings -> Yellow File Tab -> Set Local Storage to a larger amount

I chose Unlimited...

You could also try enabling/disabling flash hardware acceleration...

Right Click on the Video -> Settings -> Far left monitor looking tab -> Check/tick/uncheck/untick the option there and close...

One of these items could be your problem depending on your hardware & software (version of flash installed) configuration...

Edited by jjeffeory

Every time I watch '84 VK, it starts skipping towards the end of their show.

ROFL!

I see what you did there...

No problems here with The Cavalier's 2008.

Have you tried updating your flash to the latest version?

Maybe you can try increasing your local storage in the Adobe Flash Player Settings?

Right Click on the Video -> Settings -> Yellow File Tab -> Set Local Storage to a larger amount

I chose Unlimited...

You could also try enabling/disabling flash hardware acceleration...

Right Click on the Video -> Settings -> Far left monitor looking tab -> Check/tick/uncheck/untick the option there and close...

One of these items could be your problem depending on your hardware & software (version of flash installed) configuration...

Thanks... I'll try this too. I've never had any trouble with FN and have had it since pretty much DCI added it. I really like it too. I'm getting pauses and freeze ups on more and more of the videos. Maybe its on my end... or maybe FN is getting degraded from multiple useage .. or something. I really don't know. But I will try the suggestions made here on this thread and see if that does the trick or not.

Edited by BRASSO

Thanks... I'll try this too. I've never had any trouble with FN and have had it since pretty much DCI added it. I really like it too. I'm getting pauses and freeze ups on more and more of the videos. Maybe its on my end... or maybe FN is getting degraded from multiple useage .. or something. I really don't know. But I will try the suggestions made here on this thread and see if that does the trick or not.

Good luck! You/I/We deserve a good product!

Of course this is why I want the Blurays/DVDs too.

I have a 35/35 FiOS connection, so I can never blame the speed of internet connection. If that connection goes down or my subscription expires, I can not watch drum corps without the media.

I suspect that 99% of the problems people are having can be attributed to Flash. I hold out hope that DCI wakes up and moves to html5 this year.

I agree with you. I suspect that Flash is the problem as well; another problem is that Brightcove would probably need to switch to html5 as well, since DCI uses them and their streaming video infrastructure...

This is not a simple undertaking until Brightcove updates how they work too....

...and on first glance from Brightcove's website, it looks like Brightcove will work with html5. Good for them... http://www.brightcov...orm/html5-video

Now DCI, update Fannetwork...

Edited by jjeffeory