DCI fan network

Good luck! You/I/We deserve a good product!

Of course this is why I want the Blurays/DVDs too.

I have a 35/35 FiOS connection, so I can never blame the speed of internet connection. If that connection goes down or my subscription expires, I can not watch drum corps without the media.

Thanks for your help. I tried the right mouse click methods and same stoppage issues :( It could be my version of Adobe? I'll investigate if I have time before FN expires May 29th.

No worries, I have a few DVDs. Technology is always changing. Last week my CD player broke and they don't sell them anymore lol Thanks again :smile:

Edited by lindap

Thanks for your help. I tried the right mouse click methods and same stoppage issues :( It could be my version of Adobe? I'll investigate if I have time before FN expires May 29th.

No worries, I have a few DVDs. Technology is always changing. Last week my CD player broke and they don't sell them anymore lol Thanks again :smile:

No problem. I would update Flash player to the latest version ASAP. There are also some security updates.

I cannot say if this will fix your issues, but it would hurt either.

Crazy technology! I love it! tongue.gif

I suspect that 99% of the problems people are having can be attributed to Flash. I hold out hope that DCI wakes up and moves to html5 this year.

I never had issues in the past -- but I get pausing, freezing , and quitting.

I suspect that the FN's "adaptive player" is the problem. Youtube, Hulu, and all the network tv sites all use a player that does not try to dynamically convert your stream based on bandwidth. Instead they simply choose what seems to be a good rate at the start and then just stream away. If you pause the stream, the cached portion continues to load in the background. Much more robust model.

DCI's player (brightcoves i guess although i'll bet DCI has some input in choosing it -- they try to make it difficult to capture the stream) tries to be too smart and it seems to crapping out more frequently.

I don't think the issue is (in this case at least) flash-related at all.

Every time I watch '84 VK, it starts skipping towards the end of their show.

:spitting:

I never had issues in the past -- but I get pausing, freezing , and quitting.

I suspect that the FN's "adaptive player" is the problem. Youtube, Hulu, and all the network tv sites all use a player that does not try to dynamically convert your stream based on bandwidth. Instead they simply choose what seems to be a good rate at the start and then just stream away. If you pause the stream, the cached portion continues to load in the background. Much more robust model.

DCI's player (brightcoves i guess although i'll bet DCI has some input in choosing it -- they try to make it difficult to capture the stream) tries to be too smart and it seems to crapping out more frequently.

I don't think the issue is (in this case at least) flash-related at all.

Good point! Your problem does sound like a Variable or Multiple Bit Rate encoding problem. Perhaps many other people are having that same problem here. What makes it difficult is that it works fine for me, so I can't see what the problem is exactly. It would certainly take DCI a lot of effort to re-encode all the files for a constant bit rate.

BTW,

I've just listened to PR 83-85, Cavalier 2008, and Blue Devils 1985. No stuttering or other problems with any of these streams.

Edited by jjeffeory

ROFL!

I see what you did there...

:cool:

Not a problem with the videos, but I didn't know where else to ask this. When can one pay for their 2012-2013 subscription? Also, what was the price last year for Live + DVD?

Not sure about the Live + DVD but it was $189 for the Live + BluRay. Subtract the price difference between the DVD & the BluRay and you'll be close.

My subscription lasts until the end of this month so I expect we'll hear about renewals plus what shows are to be streamed live very soon.

If it's the same shows as last year then the live streams will be...

Stanford, June 23rd

Denver, July 7th

Minnesota, July 14th

Atlanta, July 28th

Semis, August 10th

No problem. I would update Flash player to the latest version ASAP. There are also some security updates.

I cannot say if this will fix your issues, but it would hurt either.

Crazy technology! I love it! tongue.gif

I upgraded my Adobe Flash last nite, then ran 2 Corps shows on FN and it seemed to help a bit... so I'll see what happens moving forward.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I agree with you. I suspect that Flash is the problem as well; another problem is that Brightcove would probably need to switch to html5 as well, since DCI uses them and their streaming video infrastructure...

This is not a simple undertaking until Brightcove updates how they work too....

...and on first glance from Brightcove's website, it looks like Brightcove will work with html5. Good for them... http://www.brightcov...orm/html5-video

Now DCI, update Fannetwork...

I'm getting real good with this technology thingy. I learned last year that I can send a fax without a stamp on it, and thats saved me money right there.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm getting real good with this technology thingy. I learned last year that I can send a fax without a stamp on it, and thats saved me money right there.

You can pay bills without stamps. thumbup.giftongue.gif

THAT would save you money too!