I start spring training soon...

I am still surprised that i am about to start my summer journey. I have packed all that i think i need, but im sure I missed some stuff. Can some veterans of the activity tell me some stuff I might need that is out of the ordinary?

P.S. Thanks to all of my doubters, you gave me the drive to continue. Proving you wrong was my goal.

• Like 2

I am still surprised that i am about to start my summer journey. I have packed all that i think i need, but im sure I missed some stuff. Can some veterans of the activity tell me some stuff I might need that is out of the ordinary?

P.S. Thanks to all of my doubters, you gave me the drive to continue. Proving you wrong was my goal.

Why would you feel it necessary to put that little dig in at the end? Especially after asking for advice again?

Anyway - lots of socks and Gold Bond - Best of luck this summer!

• Like 6

Best of luck this summer! Where are you marching?

Were your "doubters on here " ? And if so, why would they doubt you when they presumably don't even know you on this anonymous board ? That said, have a great summer doing Drum Corps. Take extra sunblock protection and maybe an extra cellphone battery charger. Drink lots and lots of water ( but you probably know that ) and with a great attitude and work effort you're good to go. Good luck!

• Like 1

What corps are you with?

I am sorry to hear you had negative experiences with people doubting you. Best of luck in the upcoming season.

I think 2 of the most important things during your summer will be

Keeping a positive attitude. Don't take any criticisms from staff personally. You, and everyone else, will make mistakes. If they yell at you, it is just to help make you better. And it will make you better and stronger.

And learn everything you can. Drum corps can be the most wonderful thing that ever happens in your life. It can also be the most frustrating, exhausting, tedious, and physically painful time of your life as well. But just go in and learn everything you can, and you will have memories of a lifetime. And hopefully, like hundreds of thousands of young people before you, you will love your summer, and continue your drum corps experience until you age out(or after if you go into DCA)

• Like 1

my only advice is to listen to the staff and keep your mouth shut. do what your told and don't be "that guy".

Also, if you aren't running back to your sets then you better not be running to be first in the lunch line. People notice little things like that and once again, you don't want to be "that guy"

• Like 4