Professional Drum and Bugle Corps league/organization

Wow; no offense here but you want them to have BOA/DCI public relations and website quality yet want their programs to just be at a local inner city level, with no competition, and focus on community inner city youth. Dude; really?

That's not what I said at all. Not even close.

I don't care what SDCA does. I don't think they are in any way an/the answer to what the OP suggested they are. That's all. I certainly never mentioned DCI or BOA, neither of which are in any way germane to the discussion (other than to mention groups like Impulse on their schedule). I suggested a marching band circuit (which BOA isn't) as an example of a group using very limited resources yet still somehow manages to get it right when it comes to PR and web design.

Oh, you're wrong there. In a BIG way.

If you have been in contact with the directors of SDCA then you must have lied in this following post?

What the heck is SDCA and DCNA? You've mentioned those two acronyms twice.

If you have been in contact with the directors of SDCA then you must have lied in this following post?

No, I didn't realize the acronym was the same. Once I was reminded me what it was, I made the connection. Stu, stop being so combative. You do it in other forums, no need to do it here.

• Like 1

That's not what I said at all. Not even close.

I don't care what SDCA does. I don't think they are in any way an/the answer to what the OP suggested they are. That's all. I certainly never mentioned DCI or BOA, neither of which are in any way germane to the discussion (other than to mention groups like Impulse on their schedule). I suggested a marching band circuit (which BOA isn't) as an example of a group using very limited resources yet still somehow manages to get it right when it comes to PR and web design.

Dude, SDCA is 180 degrees opposite of what the OP suggested. And you did wonder why SDCA has a horrible looking website when many marching units or circuits have great looking websites. I am not being combative but your postings are now somewhat confusing.

Edited by Stu

Dude, SDCA is 180 degrees opposite of what the OP suggested. And you did wonder why SDCA has a horrible looking website when many marching units or circuits have great looking websites. I am not being combative but your postings are now somewhat confusing.

Sigh. No one's been confused by anything I've posted except you. The OP made some illusions in this post, and the companion thread, that allude to SDCA or a similar circuit.

You might want to go back and re-read the thread. Or not. Whatever. When you accuse folks of lying, yes, you are being combative.

...The OP made some illusions in this post, and the companion thread, that allude to SDCA or a similar circuit.

I reread the OP opening post and subsequent postings from that person. The professional circuit idea presented by that poster is completely opposite the SDCA philosophy. So please show me where that person's postings referenced SDCA as a potential professional circuit prospect.

Wow; no offense here but you want them to have BOA/DCI public relations and website quality yet want their programs to just be at a local inner city level, with no competition, and focus on community inner city youth. Dude; really?

No offense Stu, but as a member of the TOB web team...and we get paid nothing...our website blows away those two sites.

No offense Stu, but as a member of the TOB web team...and we get paid nothing...our website blows away those two sites.

So; the issue concerning SDCA is not really about slick websites, or even great public relations, but whether or not SDCA is an organization which provides the services to local corps it says it does. And that answer is in the affirmative no matter what anyone wants to think about their lack of a professional looking website. And it is not a competitive circuit, nor is it for old farts, like Kamarag claims it to be. SDCA is exactly what it claims to be: an outlet for local corps to flourish in a manner harkening back to the way local corps did back in the day. No slick professional marketing; no slick professional public relations; just plain old grassroots people doing plain old grassroots drum corps. So why knock their lack of a professional website when they are providing a local corps outlet is all I am getting at.

So; the issue concerning SDCA is not really about slick websites, or even great public relations, but whether or not SDCA is an organization which provides the services to local corps it says it does. And that answer is in the affirmative no matter what anyone wants to think about their lack of a professional looking website. And it is not a competitive circuit, nor is it for old farts, like Kamarag claims it to be. SDCA is exactly what it claims to be: an outlet for local corps to flourish in a manner harkening back to the way local corps did back in the day. No slick professional marketing; no slick professional public relations; just plain old grassroots people doing plain old grassroots drum corps. So why knock their lack of a professional website when they are providing a local corps outlet is all I am getting at.

Woa, I never claimed SDCA was competitive.

All I did was say it's not the answer to creating new local corps for youth. I watched the videos, looked at the pictures and the list of units participating. It's certainly not a youth movement (outside the CA shows that have a couple of DCI Open Class corps performing). Man, you put a lot of words in people's mouths.

Edited by Kamarag