Cadets2 Performance

well,............off the top of my head,..........

kids can have summer jobs in a weekend only format

time with families

cost to members

some corps only get 7-10 shows over a 3 week period in DCI

do smaller corps really aspire to build to a 1-2 million dollar budget?,...........they struggle now

corps making the switch could allow dedicated alums to come back

corps could actually afford to host a DCA contest

Allentown Cadets Too,........Lead the Way!

I can see the point your making and it's not wrong. But, as a div III alumnist, I can tell you those 7-10 shows were an incredible experience when each one is in a different state.

There aren't too many activities these days that afford youths the opportunity to see so much of the country like a touring DCI corps. It's a worthwhile experience that is hard to shrug off.

Then again, in ten years, after George Hopkins has had his way with DCA there may be a touring model here. (sarcasim).

well,............off the top of my head,..........

kids can have summer jobs in a weekend only format

time with families

cost to members

some corps only get 7-10 shows over a 3 week period in DCI

do smaller corps really aspire to build to a 1-2 million dollar budget?,...........they struggle now

corps making the switch could allow dedicated alums to come back

corps could actually afford to host a DCA contest

Allentown Cadets Too,........Lead the Way!

if those corps wish to change and become a DCA corps, there is a year off period I believe.....a year that could kill a corps.

Many of those corps are quite happy on their path. The biggest problem with them is the lack of publicity they do for themselves as well as DCI does for Open Class. In some areas, since there is no nearby DCA corps it's the only option.

I really don't see what the big whup is about this. Won't C2 just make DCA stronger and more diverse?

If you want "back in the day"--there are alumni corps.

Why can't ANY DCA corps have its own policies on age? How does this affect the spectators' enjoyment?

I just wish C2 were at Champs in Beepo.

Harrumph. :sleeping:

• Like 5

I really don't see what the big whup is about this. Won't C2 just make DCA stronger and more diverse?

If you want "back in the day"--there are alumni corps.

Why can't ANY DCA corps have its own policies on age? How does this affect the spectators' enjoyment?

I just wish C2 were at Champs in Beepo.

Harrumph. :sleeping:

good points,..............thinking about it in general,............a good reason for a top age limit is exposure to liability when involving members under 18

if those corps wish to change and become a DCA corps, there is a year off period I believe.....a year that could kill a corps.

I think you are correct,...........tho I see why this rule makes sense, In a small struggling corps case, an exception could be considered,......

The biggest problem with them is the lack of publicity they do for themselves as well as DCI does for Open Class.

true,.........and maybe good enough reasons to consider making a change,........

In some areas, since there is no nearby DCA corps it's the only option.

also true, south central and west areas of the country involves a lot of fly over country to get anywhere, this effects DCA and DCI Open class to a greater degree than the world class corps,.......

I think you are correct,...........tho I see why this rule makes sense, In a small struggling corps case, an exception could be considered,......

true,.........and maybe good enough reasons to consider making a change,........

also true, south central and west areas of the country involves a lot of fly over country to get anywhere, this effects DCA and DCI Open class to a greater degree than the world class corps,.......

no offense, but DCA isn't really doing any publicizing of any corps, and if they are, it's more Open Class than A xlass,,,so really, what wou;d change moving to DCA publicity wise? DCA has 1/100th the budge DCi does.

these corps serve a purpose, and they need to stay over in DCI.

No year off is necessary, only that they function as an all age corps during the 12 months preceding DCA finals and has not competed as a Junior Corps during the past 12 months. So a DCI corps could decide, following their Early August finals to switch, and perform the following year at DCA

From the ByLaws

==

1. An all-age corps that has functioned as an all-age corps for at least one year

prior to the DCA Championship and has not competed as a junior corps during

the past twelve months preceding the DCA Championship may submit entry as

defined in Section 1.4, RULES FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP CONTEST, Item #3.

==

No year off is necessary, only that they function as an all age corps during the 12 months preceding DCA finals and has not competed as a Junior Corps during the past 12 months. So a DCI corps could decide, following their Early August finals to switch, and perform the following year at DCA

From the ByLaws

==

1. An all-age corps that has functioned as an all-age corps for at least one year

prior to the DCA Championship and has not competed as a junior corps during

the past twelve months preceding the DCA Championship may submit entry as

defined in Section 1.4, RULES FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP CONTEST, Item #3.

==

in other words they need to know ASAP after finals or a year off

these corps serve a purpose, and they need to stay over in DCI.

no offence either,.............just good, open discussion,..........

what purpose, and why?

perhaps a list of pros and cons made so far, and added ones could help illustrate the situations on both sides,.....a new thread and maybe a facilitator to guide the discussion and list up bullet points,............."paging Roger Ellis,....Roger Ellis........please pick up the white courtesy phone"

Edited by Gary Matczak