Cadets2 Performance

I thought that Cadets2 were going to have an upper age limit of 24?

I know that the vast majority of the corps is made up of HS-aged students. Not sure how many are in college or beyond.

Not really digging this. DCA should disallow corps who superimpose an age limit. The place for this corps is in DCI Class A (or whatever its called now)

Why?

• Like 2

I know that the vast majority of the corps is made up of HS-aged students. Not sure how many are in college or beyond.

Why?

why?

Shall I be bold enough to go there?

I shall.

the perception is younger is better, and to some corps that means they see a threat to maintaining finalist status in a competitive year.

(aimed at no particular corps, just a general statement. Seeing what people say on facebook is very informative)

• Like 1

Wait a minute.... in a thread titled "Cadets2 Performance" you're actually posting about....

*gasp* Cadets2 performing?!?!??! *Dang*

PS - what is 10 minutes "The Day"? Relating the schedule?

The day is the "Day meeting"

We used the same terminology at Crossmen.

It's just a meeting to go over the days schedule and for admin to address anything that needs to be addressed...

The day is the "Day meeting"

We used the same terminology at Crossmen.

It's just a meeting to go over the days schedule and for admin to address anything that needs to be addressed...

OK thanks.... LOL end of practice we'd get "words of wisdom" from staff and the Business Manager. We started calling it "Sermonette"... :devil:

"OK everyone gather 'round"

"OH BOY!! Time for Sermonette"

Yeah, typical round peg in square hole type of Sr corps people.... :tongue:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Uhhhhh....why? :blink: :blink:

what he said

I believe the exact opposite,.............many of the DCI Open Class (former DII/III) belong in DCA,............

Div ii and Div iii (and in Garden State Circuit we had Div iv) were mostly weekend corps, some of whom made a pilgrimage to DCI week.

Indeed those corps would make an excellent "junior" division for DCA. DCA could then have a senior (age 18 up) and a "junior" (21 and under) and get along real well...... small local junior corps with financial mountains to climb may find them more manageable. They may even have enough members year 'round to attend parades and perform exhibitions other than July 4th !!!! Maybe even keep kids busy.....

So........ Gary, I agree with you 100% !!!

Joe Dz in NJ

(former webmaster of GSC)

• Like 1

Uhhhhh....why? :blink: :blink:

well,............off the top of my head,..........

kids can have summer jobs in a weekend only format

time with families

cost to members

some corps only get 7-10 shows over a 3 week period in DCI

do smaller corps really aspire to build to a 1-2 million dollar budget?,...........they struggle now

corps making the switch could allow dedicated alums to come back

corps could actually afford to host a DCA contest

Allentown Cadets Too,........Lead the Way!

Edited by Gary Matczak
  • Like 2