Cadets2 Performance

I do believe (if I recall correctly) 12 years old and/or under is not acceptable under a DCA clarification made several seasons back; it was at one of the meetings that this came about and a decision was made in reference to a bottom age..

true....but some corps have, or at least had, rules concerning those 18 and under

true....but some corps have, or at least had, rules concerning those 18 and under

Correct, the Kiltie organization is one, as example. It's actually a section of our by-laws which mentions anyone under the age of 18, have a parent or guardian (i.e. older brother, sister, aunt, uncle, etc.) involved. It used to be no one under 21 involved, that was changed in the by-laws about 12-14 years ago since 18 is actually the age of legal adulthood.

Under 16 are not accepted for membership. If a parent or guardian finds themselves unable to be fully involved a mutually acceptable guardian is found (through the organization and parents) that is involved at all times. As example, a father and son may be involved and the son's friend would like to be involved as well, the present member's father may volunteer to take on oversight as the guardian. This all has to be done through a process involving the parents and the organization and requires certain paperwork to be completed and accepted by the corps.

The average age of the corps as a whole is around 28-30, with the younger members bringing the average age down, and a few "old salts" bumping it up.

??? there is NO mention of age limit either way in the last rulebook I read... and since for over a decade (split into the 80's and 90's separated by my 4 years as Cru corps director) I was the keeper of the rulebook, I can say that it has never been there...

sorry Bill... while 12 is a bit ridiculous... there has never been either a top or bottom number... left up to each individual corps...

of course I was what? 12 at the time of my first senior contest? yup... but then again... I was 12 going on 24 and DCA hadn't been invented yet and wouldn't be for another 5 years...

Lordy I'm OLD...

Few years back at Rochester Prelims one of the Class A corps from TX(?) had two boys that at least one had to have been under 12 in the pit. The two yungins' did a good job and were definitly paying attention (probably more than I would have at that age :tongue: ). Kris and I talked to the adults with them after their performance and were told everyone in the corps enjoyed them being there. Wish I could remember the corps....

And of course some RCA (not sure about DCA) corps used to have what appeared to be Grandpa and the elementary aged grandchild in the Honor Guard.

Wrong.

It has to do with young children and toddlers and it was in reference to liabilities/injury. It was more of a suggestion by the executive committee,Not a rule.

Believe me I know this for a fact unfortunately.

Jay

Correct, it had to do with liability and such. I never said it was a "rule", but rather a "clarification" (of sort) coming from, if I recall, the Executive Committee.

Correct, the Kiltie organization is one, as example. It's actually a section of our by-laws which mentions anyone under the age of 18, have a parent or guardian (i.e. older brother, sister, aunt, uncle, etc.) involved. It used to be no one under 21 involved, that was changed in the by-laws about 12-14 years ago since 18 is actually the age of legal adulthood.

Under 16 are not accepted for membership. If a parent or guardian finds themselves unable to be fully involved a mutually acceptable guardian is found (through the organization and parents) that is involved at all times. As example, a father and son may be involved and the son's friend would like to be involved as well, the present member's father may volunteer to take on oversight as the guardian. This all has to be done through a process involving the parents and the organization and requires certain paperwork to be completed and accepted by the corps.

The average age of the corps as a whole is around 28-30, with the younger members bringing the average age down, and a few "old salts" bumping it up.

so then Dan's argument is moot as his own corps also has it's own rules limiting membership, despite being in an all age circuit.

looks like this Sunday is full uniform PREVIEW DAY for CADETS2. I'm surprised there has not been the usual overall hype coming out of their press releases yet. Best of luck on your season C2 and hope you step off on the right foot. (no pun)

When: Sunday, Jun 24, 2012

Where: Allentown, PA

Description

South Mountain Middle School

709 W. Emaus Avenue

Allentown, PA 18103

SUNDAY SCHEDULE

6:30 AM Breakfast

7:30 AM The Day

7:40 AM Stretch & Run

8:00 AM Visual

10:00 AM Warm-Up

10:30 AM Ensemble

1:30 PM Lunch/ Change into uniforms

2:45 PM Perform4:00 PM Clean-up & Depart

Wait a minute.... in a thread titled "Cadets2 Performance" you're actually posting about....

*gasp* Cadets2 performing?!?!??! *Dang*

PS - what is 10 minutes "The Day"? Relating the schedule?

• Like 1

so then Dan's argument is moot as his own corps also has it's own rules limiting membership, despite being in an all age circuit.

I'm quite sure every corps has a bottom age requirement; or else "throwing babies" could literally come "from" the performance field. :blink:

Lordy I'm OLD...

YES....but it's a GOOD old, and a very wise old as well!!!

btw Tom....(and yes...I am bringing this up), I have a chair on the sidelines with YOUR name on it for whenever you want to stop by our rehearsal!!! And yes...it has a big black DOT right on the seat!! LOL :thumbup:

I wonder what Connie Breen and Uncle Sal have to say about this comment.

:worthy: