Cadets2 Performance

I hope the rumors about them prepping for DCI Open Class are true, especially if C2 continues to set an age max for a DCA corps. I love the fact I march with a corps from which I can never age out.

C2 is being sold as a weekend only alternative. That's they whole purpose of C2. DCI OC is NOT weekend only. C2 will never be in DCI open class.

And it is GREAT that you are marching a corps you can never age-out. Some people also like to march a corps with a younger demographic that is ALSO weekend only. Where does that exist? Does a young person have to tour for atleast a month in order to be in a drum corps with a younger demographic? No.

Enjoy your season! The corps you are in appears to be perfect for you! Variety is important for drum corps.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

None. No direct effect at all. My disagreement has nothing to do with a personal slight. If anything, as I continue to think about it, C2 is simply harnessing the quickly dropping average age of DCA. Through my time at CV, however brief to this point, one of the things about this corps I've come to appreciate most is the leadership and guidance of older members of the corps who have been involved with the activity for decades. I can't help but wonder how many Cadets of old would love to put on the uniform again and march beside young members who hope to one day make it with the "A" corps. I see nothing but positive effects from a situation like that. Cadets2 has every right to stay young, but I believe they can only capture half of what today's DCA is about with that approach- the newer half- while somewhat alienating the senior corps aspect. They can do whatever they want within DCA rules; I just respectfully disagree with them on this point.

So you would simply like C2 to be even more successful through the inclusion of Older vets whose guidance you feel has had a positive effect on you! What great sentiments you have!

• Like 1

None. No direct effect at all. My disagreement has nothing to do with a personal slight. If anything, as I continue to think about it, C2 is simply harnessing the quickly dropping average age of DCA. Through my time at CV, however brief to this point, one of the things about this corps I've come to appreciate most is the leadership and guidance of older members of the corps who have been involved with the activity for decades. I can't help but wonder how many Cadets of old would love to put on the uniform again and march beside young members who hope to one day make it with the "A" corps. I see nothing but positive effects from a situation like that. Cadets2 has every right to stay young, but I believe they can only capture half of what today's DCA is about with that approach- the newer half- while somewhat alienating the senior corps aspect. They can do whatever they want within DCA rules; I just respectfully disagree with them on this point.

Do you realize that there are people here on DCP who think that all of DCI Open class belongs in DCA?

What you experience in CV is wonderful...best of luck with them!

However, that has zero to do with C2. They are an offering of YEA!...YOUTH Education in the Arts. They are competing in the all-age (not senior) circuit because that is where YEA! believes they can provide the best competitive opportunity for a week-end only corps. I would think that DCA corps and marching members would be very happy to see another corps enter the circuit....esp in the Open division.

• Like 4

Do you realize that there are people here on DCP who think that all of DCI Open class belongs in DCA?

However, that has zero to do with C2. They are an offering of YEA!...YOUTH Education in the Arts. They are competing in the all-age (not senior) circuit because that is where YEA! believes they can provide the best competitive opportunity for a week-end only corps. I would think that DCA corps and marching members would be very happy to see another corps enter the circuit....esp in the Open division.

Personally I wish more DCI corps would form weekend only corps and compete in DCA. It would certainly help to grow our activity and as I believe competition leads to excellence, it would force everyone to step it up!!! And that would definitely draw larger crowds.

I wish Cadets2 nothing but success and hope they prove to be a catalyst for continued growth of DCA.

You're absolutely right, and I must admit I didn't consider that aspect of C2 before.

• Like 1

Personally I wish more DCI corps would form weekend only corps and compete in DCA. It would certainly help to grow our activity and as I believe competition leads to excellence, it would force everyone to step it up!!! And that would definitely draw larger crowds.

I wish Cadets2 nothing but success and hope they prove to be a catalyst for continued growth of DCA.

Hear! Hear!

If somebody is 25 and still thinks of themselves as "youth" they'd better grow up in a big hurry.

• Like 2

I still believe most of the negative feelings are from the semi-junior corps nature of C2. I understand they can set their own age limits within DCA's parameters as an all-age circuit, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. I wish them well, but I can't help but think any corps who beats them on the field will walk away with some extra satisfaction.

My opinion, for those who care- I hope the rumors about them prepping for DCI Open Class are true, especially if C2 continues to set an age max for a DCA corps. I love the fact I march with a corps from which I can never age out.

given Hop's very public views about Open Class in DCI, I don't think C2 will ever go there

If somebody is 25 and still thinks of themselves as "youth" they'd better grow up in a big hurry.

Almost all of C2 are actually HS-aged students. I know Hop mentioned up to 25...I don't think there are many...if any...at that age marching in the corps...except maybe some instructors! I know one of the visual staff who fits that age group.

At my age....25 is definitely 'youth'...heck...I might think of 30 as 'youth' !!!! :tongue:

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1