Pre-Tour 2012 Predictions

Just a FYI, it's Bluecoats ( one word). smile.gif

Now that I've done it, other people may be less likely to take you to task in a less than nice manner. thumbup.gif

Haha.. just be glad Boo isn't around for a little while because of his little trip. He doesn't get tweaked about much... but the Loo coats thing does hahahahah

but glad someone warned him before Boo got back, haha

It's really hard for me to make any predictions yet. Everyone seems to have a great show that will hopefully get huge crowds at the shows this season. I can give my pre tour thoughts and opinions though.

Phantom-Doing a classic Regiment style show and one of my favorite Opera's. Will definitely enjoy seeing this live in California. Apparently their new brass arranger is taking it up a notch. If their CG is as good as they were last season or even better, they could take that title.

SCV-Heard some pretour recordings of the full ensemble standing still. Does not sound like the same corps at all!!! That's mostly good....mostly. I know SCV is not PR but I think JD over did the trying to sound different thing with his writing. I'm not a fan of the Mars arrangement and how it randomly goes into Jupiter in the middle of the mvt. Hym to a Blue Hour is my favorite part of the show musically so far. Their drum line is ridiculous though.

P.S I don't own the recording or have it on my computers anywhere, a friend of mine who is also a member showed me the recording from his phone.

BD-I like the show music selections, I just hope they "risk absurdity" on this one. I'm hoping to like this show and am also hoping for a melding of melodies rather than a chop and bop. The melding of music has been done very well in the past (See Southwind 05-06) so I don't see it out of the question.

Cavaliers-I'm not to set on where these guys will be but they have the same teaching staff so they'll be up there in the top 5 (at worse!) if not the top 3.

Crown-I thought this show had a lot of music effect potential on paper. Didn't dig the arrangements when I heard their stand still on the tube. But their brass section is still a monster to be contended with. Hope the visual makes the music effect come across better.

Cadets-Arrangements? Good! Horn sound? Meh, Crown, SCV and Bloo all sound better imo. But it is the Cadets and they have a knack for being #### good so I won't count them out of the race until I see it.

Bloo-40th anniversary and they are going to be screaming out of the gates! Will it be like 2010? Or will it be like 2007? I don't know but they sound #### good...really #### good and they are moving better than when I was there (09-10) so that's a plus.

Like I said, I really don't have an idea on where the pieces will fall especially with the new judging sheets and the amount of progress every corps is making. I'm extremely anxious for the season to start just to see everyone top to bottom!

Corps I'm Hyping

Troop

Bloo

Bones

Oregon Crusaders

PC

Blue Stars

Phantom

Academy

• Like 1

Haha.. just be glad Boo isn't around for a little while because of his little trip. He doesn't get tweaked about much... but the Loo coats thing does hahahahah

but glad someone warned him before Boo got back, haha

Haha, yea. Trying to be friendly about that 'cause I've seen people go APE #### over the spelling and this is their 40th Anniversary year... tongue.gif

Crossmen hype is not false this year. It wasn't last year either...

But this year especially. I think they are making the case that if they are left out of finals it is a huge mistake for DCI. The show will be a fan favorite, no matter where it finishes. In or out of finals. in 17th or 8th place. Some entertaining things coming out of Texas

and it isn't something the rest of America will make fun of for once ph34r.gif

• Like 1

BD has placed lower than 4th ONCE since 1975. To pick them as such is...well... dumb.

Pretty sure. The fact they escaped with 4th in 2005 seems to be testament to that.... But hey, stranger things have happened. Won't really know until Finals night. I think they could drop to 4th, but it would be a very long shot to see them dropping any lower.

Regiment and Teal Sound to move up. Not a just a wish, I think they both will.

Regiment - This years recording from the concert in the park is noticeably better than last years. Who knows how the show will develop visually & musically but they do seem to be starting from a strong position.

Teal Sound - If things run smoothly off the field this season then I fully expect them to improve on the field. They have good numbers throughout the sections and I'm told their percussion will be more than a match for corps who placed higher last season.

At this point in the season I don't care much about placements for the rest of WC, I just want them to entertain the socks off me!

Wow! Just heard Academy. Wonderful arrangements; they will surge this year. And be head-to-head with Phantom. You heard it here first.

Edited by xbones7480
  • Like 2

Since we are a week or so out I thought I would give my predictions based on some video and audio that is floating out there, and of course unreliable gut

feelings and such.

Best of luck to everyone.

1) Blue Devils

2) Crown

3) Cadets

4) SCV

5) Phantom

6) Cavaliers

7) Bluecoats

8) Boston

9) Scouts

10) Spirit of Atlanta