CADETS NNJ DEBUT

I just spent hours and hours watching the Cadets at Mount Pleasant (PA) High School over the last three days. Going in to today, they had one minute of their show to finish. I just got home from ensemble and final run through and their show is now finished. I can't find the right adjectives to describe them but I was extremely impressed. Such a strong horn line and I mean strong. The company front at the end of their show is just incredible. Guard, pit and percussion are all fantastic. Two drum majors had to leave the corps. The second one had to drop out and their current drum major, Kendra something-or-other, was tossed into the fire in April. She is so good.

Last night they were in full uniform which are a bit whiter than previous uniforms. I was told that this is for a more Christmas look. Guard uniforms, at least as of last night, are sort of a cream color, bodysuit style I guess you could say. Their show begins in the form of a snowflake but must be seen from high up to appreciate. Their Christmas music is so well written. The ballad near the end of the show is something to be heard. I think it will be another Cadets classic. As in people years from now wanting them to play it Iike they do "Rocky Point". Someone told me that it is thought that their hornline might be better than last years. Time will tell.

They are now leaving for Akron right now but it was great having them here. Fa la la la la...

Thanks very much for posting your thoughts. Gives me something to think about. :smile:

I just spent hours and hours watching the Cadets at Mount Pleasant (PA) High School over the last three days. Going in to today, they had one minute of their show to finish. I just got home from ensemble and final run through and their show is now finished. I can't find the right adjectives to describe them but I was extremely impressed. Such a strong horn line and I mean strong. The company front at the end of their show is just incredible. Guard, pit and percussion are all fantastic. Two drum majors had to leave the corps. The second one had to drop out and their current drum major, Kendra something-or-other, was tossed into the fire in April. She is so good.

Last night they were in full uniform which are a bit whiter than previous uniforms. I was told that this is for a more Christmas look. Guard uniforms, at least as of last night, are sort of a cream color, bodysuit style I guess you could say. Their show begins in the form of a snowflake but must be seen from high up to appreciate. Their Christmas music is so well written. The ballad near the end of the show is something to be heard. I think it will be another Cadets classic. As in people years from now wanting them to play it Iike they do "Rocky Point". Someone told me that it is thought that their hornline might be better than last years. Time will tell.

They are now leaving for Akron right now but it was great having them here. Fa la la la la...

Glad it's finished read that they might not get it done!

Thanks very much for posting your thoughts. Gives me something to think about. :smile:

You're very welcome. I can assure you that their show is completed. Other than the ongoing tweaking, of course. What great people they are and I mean all the members, staff and volunteers. Anyone who does not like their show is jealous. Seriously though, as always some won't like 12.25 but they will be in the vast majority. I am hard to impress but Cadets impressed me to no end.

You're very welcome. I can assure you that their show is completed. Other than the ongoing tweaking, of course. What great people they are and I mean all the members, staff and volunteers. Anyone who does not like their show is jealous. Seriously though, as always some won't like 12.25 but they will be in the vast majority minority. I am hard to impress but Cadets impressed me to no end.

Fixed ;)

• Like 2

I think they should replace that with someone on the bells playing "jingle bells jingle bells, jingle all the way"...just my thought on that.

tounge2.gif

Thanks for the report! Were they show-flags, or the practice ones that are probably solid yellow and solid blue?

If the keep the roof closed in Indy, they could throw a few snow makers up there couldn't they? :rolleyes:

Heh, Hop said they actually thought about that early on. :shutup:

If the keep the roof closed in Indy, they could throw a few snow makers up there couldn't they? :rolleyes:

Could add to the GE score lol...