Blue Devils lose one of their own

Eriq Escalon, a 4 year BDA vet (guard, 2002-2005) was found dead at his home on Tuesday...the San Francisco police are treating it as a homicide, but few other details as yet.

A fund has been set up to help his family. Information can be found on a Facebook page set up at https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Memory-of-Eriq-Escalon/222616777859209

I think I remember Eriq from 2004 when I played with the alums and A & B corps brass at Jerry Seawright's memorial. He looked at my K-20 sop and could not believe we only used 2 valves back in the day. I also remember a bright smile.

RIP Eriq. :angel1:

According to a group of his friends, they are hoping to be able to sell some wristbands this weekend at Family Day, and use the proceeds to establish a BD Scholarship Fund in his name. I'll be buying a couple wristbands. RIP Eriq.

• Like 2

Holy crap. It really sucks when real life (in all its ugly technicolor) jumps up and slaps us in the face. All the condolences possible to the family and friends of this young man and of course to his Blue Devil family.

This is just so terrible. I can't even come to grips with what happened. Eriq was such an amazing person, also so amazing to be around, and to think that something so terrible could have happened to such an amazing soul is just heart-breaking. I hope something terrible happens to whoever is responsible for this.

I will be donating to the scholarship fund, and doing what I can for the family. I know they will be selling bracelets in support and BD's Family Day this Saturday.

The world lost a wonderful person and instructor. :angel1:

• Like 1