2012 Rankings

Thats true, we will go on first, chances are we'll have the lowest most recent score going into prelims, i believe only Bush has a lower score than us right now. But im sure they'll catch us in the next few weeks leading up to prelims.

Renegades will be on first regardless of their score, since they won't have a true DCA judged score.

Renegades will be on first regardless of their score, since they won't have a true DCA judged score.

that's to bad. somehow DCA needs to get everybody scored before prelims.

Agreed.

That'd be great, it's just hard when they and SoCal Dream are almost 2,000 miles away from the closest competing corps... which I think would be Govies

That'd be great, it's just hard when they and SoCal Dream are almost 2,000 miles away from the next competing corps... which I think would be Govies

That'd be great, it's just hard when they and SoCal Dream are almost 2,000 miles away from the next competing corps... which I think would be Govies

Weeeeell to be fair. DCA has made it pretty difficult. In 2009 the Renegades had a judged performance the week before finals (with DCA approval, and a DCA representative present), and came into prelims seeded correctly. Unfortunately that rule was changed and now to have something similar the corps has to fly an entire DCA panel out to CA for a score, making the whole thing cost prohibitive. Also last year the Renegades went on second, AFTER Bush, because of our DCI on DCA sheets scores earlier in the season. If what friceox says is correct, that policy has now been changed as well.

Edited by MarimbaManiac

and now to have something similar the corps has to fly an entire DCA panel out to CA for a score, making the whole thing cost prohibitive.

The amount that a lot of the non-NE corps have spent on a travel weekend just to get a number and tapes is twice a panel full of plane tickets. And they do it multiple times a season.

Going on first is not necessarily bad for Prelims. The panel's got their experience from seeing whom they have seen this season, and they should easily be able to get the corps in the right rating area to start things off. Then, it becomes an issue of lining everyone else up appropriately.

They know the situaton, they'll keep it in mind and get the Gades where they should be.

Going on first is not necessarily bad for Prelims. The panel's got their experience from seeing whom they have seen this season, and they should easily be able to get the corps in the right rating area to start things off. Then, it becomes an issue of lining everyone else up appropriately.

They know the situaton, they'll keep it in mind and get the Gades where they should be.

no . i disagree. now i know this was a long time ago but.............in 1972 we were a favorite to win DCA. we went on first in prelims and it killed us. yes there were a lot of problems that year but it hurt because we set the scoring for the whole show.