2012 Rankings

He says he has a system...... :blink:

Whenever we went to the horse track or off-track wagering, Barbara had a system... she would bet the gray-colored horses.

It worked as well as any other system I've seen in any other pursuit, including scores predictions. :tongue:

• Like 1

Way to sink a great topic guys.

it's the middle of the week. when new scores get posted, you'll see more "legit" discussion

Whenever we went to the horse track or off-track wagering, Barbara had a system... she would bet the gray-colored horses.

It worked as well as any other system I've seen in any other pursuit, including scores predictions. :tongue:

Yeah Barbara!!! Shenandoah Sound has gray uniforms! Fran! Bet on Sound winning a long shot!

Yeah Barbara!!! Shenandoah Sound has gray uniforms! Fran! Bet on Sound winning a long shot!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Well.... Cincinnati ditched thier grey uniforms for teal blue ones! :devil: Breakfast at your hotel, Dick? (Friday morning) :thumbup:

what the hell are you guy's doing up so early in the morning? w00t.gif

1- Bucs - Good show, smart… not too difficult but appears to be. Product of good design. Probably will win, not untouchable though.

2 - MBI - Aggressive, high demand (pushing more boundaries I think) but - as usual, not great until Finals. Could win if guard improves.

3 - Cabs - Well executed, good brass, but a pretty easy show. Entertaining and good for DCA, just a notch (as everyone else) below the top 2 in design and demand.

4 - Empire - Might not be in top 4. Awesome entertainers, dated performance demand and concept. Always blows the house down at Finals.

5 - Hurcs - Drum line and guard carry the corps. Show loses momentum a few times. If the brass picks it up and the drill gets clean, could be 4 deservedly.

6 - C2 - Will be much more polished at finals. Could surprise and make a jump. Staff is too experienced and had too much success to not produce in crunch time. You can see good talent in the membership.

The latest scores are deceiving in my opinion, having come from different parts of the country... Cabs/MBI

Edited by east coast love

1- Bucs - Good show, smart… not too difficult but appears to be. Product of good design. Probably will win, not untouchable though.

2 - MBI - Aggressive, high demand (pushing more boundaries I think) but - as usual, not great until Finals. Could win if guard improves.

3 - Cabs - Well executed, good brass, but a pretty easy show. Entertaining and good for DCA, just a notch (as everyone else) below the top 2 in design and demand.

4 - Empire - Might not be in top 4. Awesome entertainers, dated performance demand and concept. Always blows the house down at Finals.

5 - Hurcs - Drum line and guard carry the corps. Show loses momentum a few times. If the brass picks it up and the drill gets clean, could be 4 deservedly.

6 - C2 - Will be much more polished at finals. Could surprise and make a jump. Staff is too experienced and had too much success to not produce in crunch time. You can see good talent in the membership.

The latest scores are deceiving in my opinion, having come from different parts of the country... Cabs/MBI

So you think MBI has a more aggressive and higher demand show than either Bucs or Cabs? Are we lookiing at the same programs? Hate to sound like I'm picking on MBI cause they are a FINE corps, but I see the show as basically moving from one stop set to another. Sure their ensemble sounds great...but whose wouldn't.

Edited by VOReason

So you think MBI has a more aggressive and higher demand show than either Bucs or Cabs? Are we lookiing at the same programs? Hate to sound like I'm picking on MBI cause they are a FINE corps, but I see the show as basically moving from one stop set to another. Sure their ensemble sounds great...but whose wouldn't.

I think we all saw early season material. I just recall the past couple of years that the show has been far different from the early show in the east to the finals package. Those "stops" I'm sure are areas to fill with movement. Many DCI shows are boring and seem as though people are standing around until July because they haven't added content yet. Bucs were far more prepared and detailed at the Bridgeport show, they will also be more detailed as of late too. MBI has shown the ability to have a full , high level program for a few years now. I don't think they would defend with a dud.

I am seeing all the programs. Just my take on things. Smart, gating drill at 8 to 5's with movement (Bucs move well) that is good vs. smart big step drill (running) and stopping to do movement = harder, though, not great unless clean. Both good designs and well done, my taste will gravitate towards pushing speed and effect.

Cabs, have a steep hill to climb to catch the other two. Bottom line. I am very excited to see the shake up in rankings with Cabs/Empire/Hurcs. Good to see an old player be a new player!

I think we all saw early season material. I just recall the past couple of years that the show has been far different from the early show in the east to the finals package. Those "stops" I'm sure are areas to fill with movement. Many DCI shows are boring and seem as though people are standing around until July because they haven't added content yet. Bucs were far more prepared and detailed at the Bridgeport show, they will also be more detailed as of late too. MBI has shown the ability to have a full , high level program for a few years now. I don't think they would defend with a dud.

I am seeing all the programs. Just my take on things. Smart, gating drill at 8 to 5's with movement (Bucs move well) that is good vs. smart big step drill (running) and stopping to do movement = harder, though, not great unless clean. Both good designs and well done, my taste will gravitate towards pushing speed and effect.

Cabs, have a steep hill to climb to catch the other two. Bottom line. I am very excited to see the shake up in rankings with Cabs/Empire/Hurcs. Good to see an old player be a new player!

Actually, just going from last year, I really did not see any kind of drastic changes for ANY corps from say late July to finals. Perhaps some body movement and/or props but thats about it. And most, if not all of MBI's "smart,big step drill" is being executed with the horns at their side. But hey, all are entitled to their opinions. My opinon...If anyone beats the Bucs this year, there is something wrong in Muddville.

Edited by VOReason