2012 Rankings

no . i disagree. now i know this was a long time ago but.............in 1972 we were a favorite to win DCA. we went on first in prelims and it killed us. yes there were a lot of problems that year but it hurt because we set the scoring for the whole show.

Being a favorite to win, yes, that's a lot more difficult of a circumstance. Making finals, no, not if they're good enough.

It's possible that they're the best corps out there- There are no absolutes, but the odds would be pretty long of that. If they were, they get into finals, maybe something happens there. Really their goal is to make finals and get placed correctly within 1-2 places of where they "could or should" be, and then let the Finals Panel figure out the mess from there.

The only real solution would be to clinic West Coast or enough DCI people who could theoretically be out there to do a show that would meet the bylaws. The question is expenses, or whether you'd make the clinic a web conference online and whhether that would be acceptable to the DCA membership.

If enough people would be willing to work from all ends to acomodate, I think some workable solution could be found, but there'd have to be some degree of give and take from the sounds of things from all three of four ends of the matter.

Edited by BigW

that's to bad. somehow DCA needs to get everybody scored before prelims.

getting a DCA panel out fo cali certainly costs less than taking the corps on the road,................but actually, I remember sitting in the stands with some renefriends after they came off the prelims field in scranton,...........they set the bar, and many corps that followed were scored under them,...........it was fun watching their faces as the scores came out,...............then, things settled out at finals and I believe placements were correct,............

no . i disagree. now i know this was a long time ago but.............in 1972 we were a favorite to win DCA. we went on first in prelims and it killed us. yes there were a lot of problems that year but it hurt because we set the scoring for the whole show.

total different game now tho Don.

Even with seedings being off due to Gades not having a number for a while, numbers management will dictate room be left.

getting a DCA panel out fo cali certainly costs less than taking the corps on the road,................but actually, I remember sitting in the stands with some renefriends after they came off the prelims field in scranton,...........they set the bar, and many corps that followed were scored under them,...........it was fun watching their faces as the scores came out,...............then, things settled out at finals and I believe placements were correct,............

exactly. it worked well in past years and gades ended up where they should have been, even if they crossed the line

:tongue:

It was me!!!!

I am pretty sure everyone in that year claims to be the one

:tongue:

• Like 1