Albuquerque, Tues. 6/19

Please somebody...if you're at this show tonight and are reading this...please post SCV's show on YouTube.

• Like 2

I do think a lot of what I heard being harsh and forced was JD Shaw trying to not make SCV sound like PR. Which, with the other pieces, he's been fine on. The first version(s) of Mars just rubbed me the wrong way. Since they did change it I hope the new version doesn't sound so "forced" like before. Looking forward to seeing the show a bit more now.

I think the problem was that the design staff didn't really know how the show was going to be structured, because I heard some recordings from the April? I think camp of the closer, and it was a little strange in pacing, kind of shoved together. But I think since they've moved the order around, it gave them more of a chance to expand on Mars a bit, and give it a better feel as a closer.

• Like 1

I only know performing at Rio Rancho high school in 2010. Just looked at the show website, and they are at Los Lunas high school. Las Cruces is down south, closer to El Paso.

Ah, probably.

2009 had a New Mexico show as well, I remember. Maybe Rio Rancho as well.

Please somebody...if you're at this show tonight and are reading this...please post SCV's show on YouTube.

I'm not sure if they will. SCV has been very explicit about not posting stuff to Youtube. They even had announcements at both their dress rehearsal and Family Day to not put ANYTHING up about the show. Fan Network might be the better option for you. And because the stands at this show look so small, getting a good video may be next to impossible.

Ah, probably.

2009 had a New Mexico show as well, I remember. Maybe Rio Rancho as well.

It was. It was at Rio Rancho 2009 and 2010. Los Lunas is new for this year.

• Like 1

So, even with the show pushed back 15 minutes, they should be finishing up with SCV, and getting to intermission. Is anyone there? Twitter is dead too. There has to be someone there.

AMEN

• Like 1

I'm not sure if they will. SCV has been very explicit about not posting stuff to Youtube. They even had announcements at both their dress rehearsal and Family Day to not put ANYTHING up about the show. Fan Network might be the better option for you. And because the stands at this show look so small, getting a good video may be next to impossible.

I have the Fan Network, I'm just impatient :tongue:

Don't really care about what the drill looks like right now...I just wanna hear the music.

• Like 1

I have the Fan Network, I'm just impatient :tongue:

Don't really care about what the drill looks like right now...I just wanna hear the music.

Fair enough. Guess it pays to have friends that can hook you up with that kind of stuff. :tongue::ph34r:

I have friends on BK's staff. I asked for scores when they get them. Unfortunately I'll only get one corps' performance review. But I guess Wes Perkins would be ok with it being just BK haha. Those flocking knights!

• Like 1