Albuquerque, Tues. 6/19

319819_10150907111273026_1308275503_n.jpg

BK posted this on their Facebook page. Capacity crowd tonight!

319819_10150907111273026_1308275503_n.jpg

BK posted this on their Facebook page. Capacity crowd tonight!

I only performed in New Mexico once, but I remember the stadium being much bigger than this. Is this the first year at this venue? (Would anyone know that?) lol

Off course SCV will be knocking on everyone's head. As they should have been.. every. single. year.

How can you possibly go wrong with a show that has great music and a theme that anyone can grasp from the title.

It's easy for SCV to be good, and finally, they just might be on the right track.

Tonight, my predictions:

PR

SCV (not far behind, mainly because the show will be promisingly crowd-pleasing.)

Academy

BK (very close to Academy, but I think AZ might have a quick jump out of the gate this year!)

Edited by Cookies
  • Like 1

I only performed in New Mexico once, but I remember the stadium being much bigger than this. Is this the first year at this venue? (Would anyone know that?) lol

I believe there has been numerous New Mexico show sites over the years. This one strikes me as a newer show site. I vaguely remember a place called Las Cruces?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Off course SCV will be knocking on everyone's head. As they should have been.. every. single. year.

How can you possibly go wrong with a show that has great music and a theme that anyone can grasp from the title.

Because the arrangement of mars is extremely forced or at least seems that way to me. Heard some May camp recordings and even though the sections play it well, I feel the arrangement in and of itself feels like it's trying to hard not to sound like any previous version done before. But that may just be me. The Jupiter and Hymn to a Blue Hour are great though imo

Because the arrangement of mars is extremely forced or at least seems that way to me. Heard some May camp recordings and even though the sections play it well, I feel the arrangement in and of itself feels like it's trying to hard not to sound like any previous version done before. But that may just be me. The Jupiter and Hymn to a Blue Hour are great though imo

Mars was changed right after that camp, they have an entirely new arrangement now. Jupiter is now the intro, then it's Leonardo Dreams of His Flying Machine, Blue Hour, then Mars.

• Like 2

I appreciate your opinion, since you've had the chance to hear it.

Do you think that playing Mars just automatically gets you a favorable crowd response?

Me thinks so!

Mars was changed right after that camp, they have an entirely new arrangement now. Jupiter is now the intro, then it's Leonardo Dreams of His Flying Machine, Blue Hour, then Mars.

OH THANK GOD!!!! I was worried for a bit. Glad to hear!

I believe there has been numerous New Mexico show sites over the years. This one strikes me as a newer show site. I vaguely remember a place called Las Cruces?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I only know performing at Rio Rancho high school in 2010. Just looked at the show website, and they are at Los Lunas high school. Las Cruces is down south, closer to El Paso.

I appreciate your opinion, since you've had the chance to hear it.

Do you think that playing Mars just automatically gets you a favorable crowd response?

Me thinks so!

I don't think that's always the case. The way a song is arranged can have a completely different response each time. Great examples of this is "Medea." Cadets redid it well in 05 and I also recall Glassmen doing it as well (04?) and those went well. Crossmen 09 however....not so much.

I do think a lot of what I heard being harsh and forced was JD Shaw trying to not make SCV sound like PR. Which, with the other pieces, he's been fine on. The first version(s) of Mars just rubbed me the wrong way. Since they did change it I hope the new version doesn't sound so "forced" like before. Looking forward to seeing the show a bit more now.