Albuquerque, Tues. 6/19

Haha yeah those silly Flockers!!! I'd be happy for a bird brained report :)

Also how they delayed the show last Saturday and then when they gave the green light they too their sweet time walking super slow up to the field.

Once they started though it was well worth the wait.

One of my good friends who is in SCV told me they are making a constant effort to keep vids off the internet. They want us to be foaming at our mouths.

No point trying with today's technologies.

No foaming of my mouth will happen.

• Like 1

One of my good friends who is in SCV told me they are making a constant effort to keep vids off the internet. They want us to be foaming at our mouths.

mission-accomplished-banner.jpg

• Like 2

No updates??:unhappy:

• Like 1

I don't think that's always the case. The way a song is arranged can have a completely different response each time. Great examples of this is "Medea." Cadets redid it well in 05 and I also recall Glassmen doing it as well (04?) and those went well. Crossmen 09 however....not so much.

I agree- or look just back to 2007- three different corps played (sections) of "Firebird" (Blue Devils, Phantom, Blue Stars), and none of them sounded the same. The arrangers all had their own take on it.

I, for one am very excited to hear Shaw's take on these pieces.

Fair enough. Guess it pays to have friends that can hook you up with that kind of stuff. :tongue::ph34r:

wanna be friends? lol

• Like 2

It's about time- GO BK - DO IT UP!!

• Like 1

I do think a lot of what I heard being harsh and forced was JD Shaw trying to not make SCV sound like PR. Which, with the other pieces, he's been fine on. The first version(s) of Mars just rubbed me the wrong way. Since they did change it I hope the new version doesn't sound so "forced" like before. Looking forward to seeing the show a bit more now.

I've heard both versions and I like the changes, although I suspect there's some more refinements still to come. It's certainly not a straight-ahead rendition, so you still might not be satisfied. Mars is a very Regiment-esque piece of music (in fact I'm astonished they've never done it), so there no getting around that it's going to sound a bit that way. That said, I think there's only one spot in the entire show that sounds like SCV channeling Regiment, and that's the insane baritone feature right at the start of Mars. I'm really torn about it, because on the one hand I'd rather not have an out-and-out Regiment-ish moment in the show, but on the other hand the world needs more insane baritone features.

At the Team SCV meeting in, I think February, JD said his goal was to make SCV sound like SCV. He's done an amazing job of doing just that, particularly Leonardo Dreams and Blue Hour IMO.

• Like 2