The Martin(i) Bar - Shaken Edition - Weds. 6/20/12

I may be a little rusty on drum corps history, but wasn't star NOT a competing corps in 1994?

Misunderstanding. I meant that had Star come out in 1994, the 2012 corps is perhaps doing what that would have been.

Edited by derbydawg

Misunderstanding. I meant that had Star come out in 1994, the 2012 corps is perhaps doing what that would have been.

Trust me. We are not doing what Star 94 would have done, but that sounds like a compliment.

I am interested seeing how Boston fits into all of this.

Me too. Madison Scouts as well.

Some of us got it!!!

I said at Regal on Monday night that they looked and sounded like Star ...

And yes, it is a compliment!

Trust me. We are not doing what Star 94 would have done, but that sounds like a compliment.

so saying your show looks like something that would have been done 18 years ago is a compliment?

• Like 2

I think what he meant was that the iconoclasm and virtuosity that embodied Star of Indiana is alive and well in Carolina Crown.

• Like 5

so saying your show looks like something that would have been done 18 years ago is a compliment?

touche' :thumbup:

I think what he meant was that the iconoclasm and virtuosity that embodied Star of Indiana is alive and well in Carolina Crown.

Let's just say there is a lot of pink and maroon "blood" around here.

New poster here, from Clarksville, TN (originally, I'm not close to it now). Martin is a good deal from any large city and the roads to and from aren't terribly easy. I know that the trip from Clarksville, one of the closer large towns, is 2 hours on one-lane roads on a weeknight. Jackson and Paducah are closer, but it's still a significant commitment. The biggest business in Martin itself is the university, and it's out of session.