Blue Devils Surprise

I'm not sure that anyone from Houston admits to being an Astros fan, so why not? :smile:

hahahaha

I'm not a baseball fan but just happened to be born in SF during the 62 series so Giants have to be my team.

You live in Houston and are a Giants fan and admit it?

worthy.gif

You're alright in my book!

I can top that. I'm also a Niner's fan married to a Cowboys fan! (She's originally from Plano) :cool:

And I proudly wear all my Niner/Giants gear:

- I just recently went to to an Astros/Cubs game when our daughter's Jr. high band played the SSB... Giants gear.

- Last year, the band we tech for spent a week in the DFW area and we went to a Rangers/Angels game... Giants gear. I discovered the Rangers fans are waaay too polite. Not one problem and the only time someone said something was at a souvie booth where the clerk said, "Yep. You guys won that one fair and square". Almost made me miss the Dodger fans... almost. I think it's actually good luck though, since the home team won each time

- My favorite moment... running an Astros 5k and getting a pic with their mascot (whatever that thing is)... wearing my WS Champions shirt! :cool:

Okay... now back to the our regular scheduled programming

Watched the Stanford show on FN. That will be probably the last time I view this years BD's show and for the next decade or two.

works for me. I was actually enjoying a thread without this kind of asinine commentary. Please don't watch anymore BD shows, and then refrain from commenting on them. it is unnecessary.

• Like 1

I like this show a lot better than 09 or '10. Just a little too much scatter drill for my taste. I think with as great as BD marches to the form that they would have more form sets than scatter. And to the nay sayers, you can never count BD out of winning the title. That's like saying the Red Wings aren't making playoffs this year. That said, not a huge BD honk but I'm glad that I'm enjoying their shows again. Kind of haven't really bobbed my head to their shows since 04.

Technically, it's two years out of twenty-four where BD has not won the title at DCI. Twenty-five if you count 23rd in 1973.

14 wins is impressive, no doubt. But let's not crown anyone until August 11, OK?

crown? hmmmm or Cadets...or PR..lol

prescient slip??ph34r.gif

You know, I briefly considered dragging out the old thesaurus before hitting the send key, but thought, "What the heck."

Someone is gonna win August 11, and whoever it is will have worked their heinies off to achieve it. But, IT'S FREAKIN' JUNE! Patience, young Padawans.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

You know, I briefly considered dragging out the old thesaurus before hitting the send key, but thought, "What the heck."

Someone is gonna win August 11, and whoever it is will have worked their heinies off to achieve it. But, IT'S FREAKIN' JUNE! Patience, young Padawans.

Garry in Vegas

glad you didn't :-)

Boy, was I surprised! I actually enjoyed BD's show! I got the Dada chaos. I heard music I recognized. I thought the hula hoops were great. The drums have, by far, the hardest book I've heard yet this year. I love the new unis and guard colors. While I was watching I kept thinking "This is a winning show in August."

I saw some slop, and I wish they'd cut the vocal mix down by about 50% (I got the point early on and didn't need reminding throughout the show), but I had a really good time watching the show unfold.

Went on a camping trip over the weekend (a bald eagle flew right over us while we were canoeing!) so I only just caught the Stanford show on the Fan Network this evening, and ... I pretty much agree with you. Blue Devils had too much synth (though nowhere near as much as Vanguard -- ugh, the goo just dripped all over the field) but it was a pretty enjoyable experiment overall -- even the sampling is almost palatable. I still prefer Phantom, Cadets, and Crown, though.