DRUM CORPS

My favorite memory was being selected to the Madison Scouts and a close second was singing "You'll Never Walk" with my brothers for the final time on finals night. Was also my last show as I was aging out.

Attending my first DCI Finals in Madison, WI (1999).

seriously, I'm not being sarcastic but rather proving a point as to how young and new to the activity some of the posters are on the DCI forum...

My favorite drum corps moment?

It was almost DCI #1 Whitewater in 1972, but then the next night with no judges anywhere near the stadium created my memory of a lifetime... Racine WI - the busloads of Junior corps kids from Whitewater the night before poured into the stadium to see Hawthorne Caballeros... most never even had heard of Rochester Crusaders...

well this was the audience of a lifetime and it created the performance of a lifetime - one so good that I believe it had a major effect on the Cru and was responsible for us winning the Legion Nationals the next night...

It said it all when we went silent at the end of Battle Hymn and all that can be heard from the audience was "Holy S............t"

Thank you Midwest for the memory of a long an illustrious career in drum corps...

seriously, I'm not being sarcastic but rather proving a point as to how young and new to the activity some of the posters are on the DCI forum...

My favorite drum corps moment?

It was almost DCI #1 Whitewater in 1972, but then the next night with no judges anywhere near the stadium created my memory of a lifetime... Racine WI - the busloads of Junior corps kids from Whitewater the night before poured into the stadium to see Hawthorne Caballeros... most never even had heard of Rochester Crusaders...

well this was the audience of a lifetime and it created the performance of a lifetime - one so good that I believe it had a major effect on the Cru and was responsible for us winning the Legion Nationals the next night...

It said it all when we went silent at the end of Battle Hymn and all that can be heard from the audience was "Holy S............t"

Thank you Midwest for the memory of a long an illustrious career in drum corps...

While your perception may be the case here based on the posters individual stories...Unverified data about DCP suggests to the contrary of your point. The demographic age of DCP is much OLDER and here is the specific breakdown:

261941518253a58ca581f6b8903f81598bc01eec935efe6f23afe4d450e9f6e04g.jpg

• Like 2

Being able to see/hear Suncoast Sound live.

• Like 1

Giving a fellow member a hug after retreat on finals night, realizing I'd made it through an entire drum corps season, something I wasn't sure was going to happen in the first few weeks of the season.

I filled a hole really late (move-in) and had just a little bit of trouble at first.

Meeting Bill Cook for the first time.

1987 DCI Midwest Prelims in St. Louis.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 1

2003 Blue Devils. Dallas show, top row towards the left 35. Originally I was reluctant to go but my father talked me into it with the guise of a girl I liked going as well. I will never forget those sights and sounds that day. Seeing those drums on the field and the power of that hornline left no doubt that this is what I wanted to do. The look on his face when I first made a drum corps I will never forget. Getting to honor his memory through my years of marching was the only way I could think to do so.

R.I.P. Dad. Thank you.

• Like 3

2003 Blue Devils. Dallas show, top row towards the left 35. Originally I was reluctant to go but my father talked me into it with the guise of a girl I liked going as well. I will never forget those sights and sounds that day. Seeing those drums on the field and the power of that hornline left no doubt that this is what I wanted to do. The look on his face when I first made a drum corps I will never forget. Getting to honor his memory through my years of marching was the only way I could think to do so.

R.I.P. Dad. Thank you.

I'm guessing was also in a drum corps?

Marching and teaching in the wonderful organization known as Southwind. Working and sweating and pushing and bleeding and crying and laughing and entertaining and loving the organization known as Southwind. Marching with who would be (though I didn't know it at the time) my wife.

That's my best experience in drum corps.

• Like 1

This may not be my favorite, but it's definitely way up there. First one that comes to mind.

First show with the Bluecoats 2010. After all of the work during spring training, the first show made it all pay off. The crowd was amazing! We got at least 3 standing ovations that night. So. Awesome.

San Antonio was definitely a good one too.