Seiverville Scotch n Soda

Did anyone see Hoppy running up the stairs with an angry look on his face, as Matt Hinkin was annoucing the show improperly? And Crown Please turn down the Synth, you don't need it that much you have a good tuba sound!

• Like 1

Cadets percussion may be cleaner right now but I suspect that will not last.

I was pleasantly surprised by Cadets guard book this year (work thats frequently out of the toaster!!) but (obvious bias aside) IMO the performer and book are both far stronger in Crown. Staging has been holding this guard back in the past few seasons -- not so this year.

I don't think so... Based on some videos and some reviews I think crown is weaker in guard than cadets right now. And I don't think staging had anything to do with Crown's previous guard performance.

If the Cadets are making it look easy out there, why is Crown already winning feet and ensemble? Doesn't really add up. Just sayin' :-)

And nice to see you back posting on DCP, Irving. Your commentary is always worth reading (even if you are doing a little Cadet honkin' right now!)

Well last night, Crown scored 1st in visual proficiency: Content category but came 2nd in achievement. So in that case it DOES add up. Cadets are making what they do look easy, getting credit for it in achievement but are losing to crown in Content because I think they have a wider range of physical demands with the body movement not because their drill is "harder".

Edited by charlie1223

Cadets percussion may be cleaner right now but I suspect that will not last.

I was pleasantly surprised by Cadets guard book this year (work thats frequently out of the toaster!!) but (obvious bias aside) IMO the performer and book are both far stronger in Crown. Staging has been holding this guard back in the past few seasons -- not so this year.

It will last.

Crown guard is improving drastically but they're not in the same league as Cadets yet.

Full panel numbers? Cadets win by .7 - .9

• Like 1

Secondly, I find that interesting that 12.25 is considered by the MM's to be more difficult than last year's show.

Maybe this is a question to ask again at the end of the season. Then the MMs who marched both shows can compare from the standpoint of knowing both shows "Finals ready".

And also, I think the Crossmen will be okay. At least they weren't DQ'd last night????

Crossmen: Musically, I liked the show. Visually, it's extremely dirty. More than a few sets require the performers to run flat out to get to the next set. It over-reaches at times. I would imagine that the visual staff would be very frustrated trying to clean this. (I would suggest clicking up the tempo 20 bpm and running these sets a dozen times then resetting to the proper tempo so the performers would feel more in command of the drill instead of looking overwhelmed trying to reach their dot.) There are a few awkward pauses during the show where the the design team has chosen to be artsy to express the theme of the show. The flow of the show grinds to a halt during these moments. The programming fails the performers at these times. Musically, they're there tho' and I really liked what they're doing.

Something that strikes me as odd is the aura of Crossmen now. They're all "earth friendly" now. Crossmen of old would destroy earth to bend all to their will. Maybe they need a little of that old attitude back.

Edited by RetiredJedi

We get to find out soon :-)

Full panel in Bristol on the 3rd?