Seiverville Scotch n Soda

Hopefully when the Turf they level the field out!lol you will have turf with a hump....i never had an issue marching on that field, but i didn't have many 3x5 moves either.

I always enjoyed that field, it was different and crazy and fun. Sad to see that they're turfing it. Left a lot of good memories to share with other corps members.

Will the Differnce for Crown and Cadets be in the percussion? If so i think Cadets were much cleaner and playing many more notes.

It may be down to guard and percussion. Both I think cadets have an upper hand in at this point in the season.

Edited by charlie1223

I apologize for jumping in; I'd like to answer your question and then make a comment. Yes, Cadets' show is more complete right now (than Crown). Cadets have plenty of room to build on what they have.

My comment is to who's marching show is more difficult. I feel Crown is really exposing their brass to persue a really risky run around drill at times. Cadets know how to march fast and under control which to some people they may not look like their doing much (but they are). I was just on tour with the Cadets for two weeks and I asked the kids which show is/was harder to march: Angels and Demons or 12.25. Their answer was 12.25. It may not look it to you (the audience) but the Cadets are booking out there. You should take notice on the directional changes of the body when they're marching and playing. Yes Crown marches a difficult show but Cadets make what they're doing look easy and it "ain't". Just sayin.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

First of all Irving, you never have to apologize for jumping in. Your comments and updates are always welcome.

Secondly, I find that interesting that 12.25 is considered by the MM's to be more difficult than last year's show. I'll have to take another look at the latest VOD. Aside from this years opener (which I think just flows incredibly well drill wise), I don't really see how the overall package is more difficult. Not saying the kids are liars or that it isn't harder than Angels and Demons. I just don't see it (especially with the two park n' barks).

That said, 12.25 is continuing to grow on me.

First of all Irving, you never have to apologize for jumping in. Your comments and updates are always welcome.

Secondly, I find that interesting that 12.25 is considered by the MM's to be more difficult than last year's show. I'll have to take another look at the latest VOD. Aside from this years opener (which I think just flows incredibly well drill wise), I don't really see how the overall package is more difficult. Not saying the kids are liars or that it isn't harder than Angels and Demons. I just don't see it (especially with the two park n' barks).

That said, 12.25 is continuing to grow on me.

I have to say that I love 12.25 Some may call it...whatever...I enjoy the OTL, the snowflake, I always wanted to see a Xmas show done right. I hope this show morphs into something spectacular.....

Geoffrey

• Like 1

I have to say that I love 12.25 Some may call it...whatever...I enjoy the OTL, the snowflake, I always wanted to see a Xmas show done right. I hope this show morphs into something spectacular.....

Geoffrey

Long time no see.

It may be down to guard and percussion. Both I think cadets have an upper hand in at this point in the season.

Cadets percussion may be cleaner right now but I suspect that will not last.

I was pleasantly surprised by Cadets guard book this year (work thats frequently out of the toaster!!) but (obvious bias aside) IMO the performer and book are both far stronger in Crown. Staging has been holding this guard back in the past few seasons -- not so this year.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2

answer was 12.25. It may not look it to you (the audience) but the Cadets are booking out there. You should take notice on the directional changes of the body when they're marching and playing. Yes Crown marches a difficult show but Cadets make what they're doing look easy and it "ain't". Just sayin.

If the Cadets are making it look easy out there, why is Crown already winning feet and ensemble? Doesn't really add up. Just sayin' :-)

And nice to see you back posting on DCP, Irving. Your commentary is always worth reading (even if you are doing a little Cadet honkin' right now!)

Edited by corpsband

Geoffrey

The show *does* work. I won't go so far as to say I like it :-) But it's working so far. I'm curious to see where they take it.

Edited by corpsband

The Loser of Feet for the night was Colts.... Wowo bad, but they played ok and the fans loved the show.

Crossmen= Most boring show of the night followed by Cavies at a close second.

If the Cadets are making it look easy out there, why is Crown already winning feet? Doesn't really add up. Just sayin' :-)

And nice to see you back posting on DCP, Irving. Your commentary is always worth reading (even if you' are doing a little Cadet honkin' right now!)

I was just on tour with the Cadets for two weeks and I asked the kids which show is/was harder to march: Angels and Demons or 12.25. Their answer was 12.25.

Could that be because they are still learning it, and they are not in the shape they were by the end of last year? I feel like every year the members say the new show is so much harder, and I always just assumed it was because they just haven't built up the endurance part.

I could see how this show is harder, just thought I'd throw in my two cents.