Bristol Bridewell

Just got back from the show.

It was no shock at all that Crown beat Cadets handily.

The interesting thing about the Bristol show is that so many people in the stands are not regular drum corps fanatics. They are locals who may just come out to see just this show. They are not folks who pay attention to BPM's and horn arrangements. They just know what they like and what has an effect on them.

They liked Crown better.

Crown's guard was far more impressive than Cadets.

I don't know what that business with the guard playing on those sloped boxes is supposed to be doing for the Cadets in terms of GE.

This is a show where the stands are not high and people really see the corps up close. The intricacies of Crown's movements are very much "in your face" at this show. The guard work was much better.

Did you find anything at all positive about Cadets' show?

Agreed! I am definitely glad that Cadets are putting out shows I can enjoy once again. There were some hard years there in the mid-to-late 90s... :ph34r:

Thanks. I thought the mid-to-late 90's were pretty cool. For the most part. :smile:

• Like 1

Is Robby Recap out sick over there at dci.org or what? :blink:

• Like 3

I nominate this for Post of the Week. Snorted beer out of my nose reading it.

Haha, it stopped my hiccups from the last beer I chugged!

Agreed! I am definitely glad that Cadets are putting out shows I can enjoy once again. There were some hard years there in the mid-to-late 90s... :ph34r:

Are you sure you don't mean mid to late 00's??

Looks like the judges stuck it to Cadets in GE Visual (0.5) and Music Analysis (0.6) -- the other captions were fairly close, and Cadets won drums. Funny to note that 0.6 down in Music Analysis but GE Music judge had them first in performance (can't ignore the trouble, too, of higher performance mark than rep there).

• Like 1

Looks like the judges stuck it to Cadets in GE Visual (0.5) and Music Analysis (0.6) -- the other captions were fairly close, and Cadets won drums. Funny to note that 0.6 down in Music Analysis but GE Music judge had them first in performance (can't ignore the trouble, too, of higher performance mark than rep there).

Yeah seems like what people were saying about Cadets drumline is true (at this point in the season anyways). I'm not a drummer so I can't really tell the difference and probably won't be able to when I see them all live either.

Edited by 2000Cadet

I don't see anyone topping the rep of Crowns brass book this year.