Favorite 2012 show?

Cadets: surprisingly a great show with room to grow, would not count them out. Members are selling it well.

Spirit of Atlanta: really fun and well performed show with good demand and solid performance by all sections

Crown: lots of demand and great sound, show concept is simple but highly effective

Boston: defining clean

BD. That Morrison Mania piece is absolutely incredible live and wow... just so many awesome things happening on that field.

Phantom. Beautiful and powerful as usual.

Crown. THAT BRASS BOOK.

Can I add Bluecoats? And SCV?

Musically, this is a FANTASTIC year.

• Like 1

Cadets: surprisingly a great show with room to grow, would not count them out. Members are selling it well.

Spirit of Atlanta: really fun and well performed show with good demand and solid performance by all sections

Crown: lots of demand and great sound, show concept is simple but highly effective

Boston: defining clean

Cadets

Crown

Bluecoats

PR

SCV

BD

Spirit

Madison

Boston

Crossmen

Cavies

Blue Knights

Ladies and Gentlemen you are looking at your top twelve.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

I get it but am I the only one who thinks you shouldn't need to listen to any explanation to "Get" a drumcorps show? :shutup:

What I would like is for them to turn off the non stop French dude talking about the "DaDa" over and over.

I like bringing new people to a DCI show and having them go "Wow!" instead of "Huh?"

Watched BD's show on VOD yesterday for the first time with great anticipation... Pretty much sums up my thoughts. blink.gif

• Like 2

I was lucky to be out in California over a week ago and was able to go to the Stanford show. It was fun to be able to see those corps and then come back home (though Cali is my home home) and see the groups here in the Mid-West. Though the shows were over ten days apart, it is interesting to compare the corps' productions.

Over all I think it a very interesting year for drum corp. Between the two shows I have attended, I now have seen most of the top 12: BD, SVC, PR, BAC, BK, Blooo, Scouts, Cavies, Blue Stars, and Spirit, leaving Cadets and Crown who seem like they are running for one of the top three spots. Crossmen I have only seen on video, but think the will possibly sneak in.

OVERALL FAVORITE SHOWS:

BD, yes I am a homer, but think the show is really something to see and hear. They are doing something that compares to no one and entertains me.

SPIRIT, saw them last night and I loved it. A very competitive show and they are really good.

PR, true Phantom with a lot of attention to detail. Reeks of class.

• Like 2

SANTA CLARA VANGUARD Music is my favorite...The Color Guard needs to change their guard uniforms the 2nd half of the show during MARS. I do not sense the BRINGER OF WAR in blue pajamas...

BLUE COATS - favorite Opening statement of the year.

It looks like Carolina Crown has the show to win!

Blue Devils - creative..however, i am not paying money to see it live...Boring...

Cadets - Nice Change, pleasant to recognize all the 12/25 icons...Where is Santa?

Phantom Regiment - very precise...

I am wondering if Spirit of Atlanta will beat Cavies too....

• Like 1