Eagle Establishment

Anyone heading up thereabouts? Bummer that it's not on the blue turf, but good to see a show in the region.

Cascades - Seattle, WA

Blue Knights - Denver, CO

Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

Oregon Crusaders - Portland, OR

Thunder - Spokane, WA

Read more: http://www.dci.org/schedule/#ixzz1zVteTT7T

Whats with all these mini shows this year? Is it to boost individual scores to help at the next big meet-up?

Aren't these shows in the Northwest usually smaller shows? Perhaps they have taken on a greater prominence because BK and BAC are in them this year? And, how is a show with six corps considered a "mini-show"?

From what I've been reading, it would appear that the fans out there are really enjoying these shows. I'm not seeing a downside here~

• Like 4

Aren't these shows in the Northwest usually smaller shows? Perhaps they have taken on a greater prominence because BK and BAC are in them this year? And, how is a show with six corps considered a "mini-show"?

From what I've been reading, it would appear that the fans out there are really enjoying these shows. I'm not seeing a downside here~

I think they usually do have smaller shows and with BK and BAC it may be a little better but 40 bucks is still a hard pill to swallow with 4 corps

Edited by GUARDLING

It great to have BAC and BK on tour up there. It will help promote, music /arts / drum corp and help out the drum corps $$$$$$ wise, in those areas.

As someone who was at 2 of the "small" shows, the same thrill and excitement is there,,,,especially when your kid is on the field! Anyone at the show??

• Like 2

I think they usually do have smaller shows and with BK and BAC it may be a little better but 40 bucks is still a hard pill to swallow with 4 corps

Website said ticket prices for the show were " $15-$25 " ( not " 40 bucks ") for the 5 Corps ( not " 4 corps " ).

That said, some of the local shows back East can be upwards of 50 bucks and with relatively small World Class Corps numbers in the lineup. So I do sympathize with your overall general point here anyway.

Edited by BRASSO

I guess it is all relative but I have seen a few of these shows and B.K. has an excellent horn book and Boston has a crowd pleasing show. Don't know the venue, but a 15.00 dollar ticket might get you close enough to enjoy all these corps. Well worth it in my book.

• Like 1

Website said ticket prices for the show were " $15-$25 " ( not " 40 bucks ") for the 5 Corps ( not " 4 corps " ).

That said, some of the local shows back East can be upwards of 50 bucks and with relatively small World Class Corps numbers in the lineup. So I do sympathize with your overall general point here anyway.

yep youre right,,it is getting hard for any family to go....this IMO is more of a reason why there are less people at a show also. I have friends that used to go with their young kids and now just dont bother because of cost....although I totally get how expensive it is for a stadium, etc etc etc.....

I guess it is all relative but I have seen a few of these shows and B.K. has an excellent horn book and Boston has a crowd pleasing show. Don't know the venue, but a 15.00 dollar ticket might get you close enough to enjoy all these corps. Well worth it in my book.